First Wedding, And A Zillion Roses... How Can I Do This!?

Decorating By servingzero Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm by BlueRoseCakes

servingzero Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so maybe a zillion is an exaggeration.
But there are nearly 100 buttercream roses to be made for a cake I have coming up shortly (notice the butterflies in my tummy!)

My question is, can I do all these roses up ahead of time and let them crust individually, then use a little BC to attach them to the cake at the set-up?

They are to be the border around each tier, and I can't see transporting the thing assembled since my car has limited space, and it's a fair jog to the reception place.

Anyone know if this is a plausible thing for me to do? And can I just use my regular crusting BC recipe (the 12 cup one from here, I use half crisco, half butter)
I'm really hoping that this is possible, as I work nights, and really don't want to be piping roses at the reception hall for hours!

Please help me!

4 replies
summernoelle Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, just keep them on little pieces of wax paper and then assemble them at the place. That's fine to do!

ccr03 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 5

And you can keep them in clean used egg containers.

Oh, don't forget to make extras!

servingzero Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 5

Great! Thanks so much, this give me much ease haha!

BlueRoseCakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 5

Definetally use the waxed paper method and make extras. I always do this no matter how many roese I'm doing. That way I can pick the best ones, and it makes placing them just right on the cake 100 times easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%