I Need A White Chocolate Fondant Recipe

Decorating By raquel1 Updated 20 Apr 2014 , 4:01am by adoo67

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:18am
post #1 of 25

I've asked a couple of people that have a great recipe for white chocolate fondant if they could share it but to no avail icon_sad.gif I have heard that it is sooo fancy looking and tasting that I would love to try it. Thanks in advance

24 replies
revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:28am
post #2 of 25

Here's one from here!

LaWanda white chocolate fondant

1/2 cup Heavy cream or liquid coffee creamer (I use White Chocolate/ Macadamia Nut)
3 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1 c white corn syrup
3 Tbsp real butter
3 Tbsp glycerin
2 t clear vanilla
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
3 1/2 - 4 lb. powered Sugar. (I sift mine)

Mix cream with gelatin, allow to firm up 3-5 min. Set on double boiler with simmering water stirring until melted. Add corn syrup, white chocolate, butter, glycerin and vanilla. Cook over simmering water until butter is almost melted. Remove from heat & let cool till luke warm.

In large mixer bowl place about 2 lbs of the PS. Pour liquid through strainer until partially mixed. Attach to mixer using dough hook, mix on low until sugar is well mixed then start adding about 1 cup of PS at a time until the fondant wraps around the dough hook. Place fondant on smooth surface dusted with PS & knead until smooth. Wrap fondant in greased plastic wrap, wrap again & place in plastic bag or air-tight container. Let it rest over night.

This makes a whiter, more flavorful fondant than MMF.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 25

Save

raquel1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 25

Thank you so much! icon_biggrin.gif It sounds delicious. I saw about LaWanda's fondant in another thread but I couldn't find it here. I don't know if recipes get erased every so often, but I couldn't find it. So Thank you! I will definitely make it icon_biggrin.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 25

This sounds sooooooo yummy!

deb

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 25

Here's another fondant recipe that I found on CC. I haven't tried it, but it sounds good and seems REALLY easy...
Recipe For Dark Chocolate:

1/2 lb of Chocolate Flavored Coating(like for Almond Bark)
1/3 cup Light Corn Syrup

Melt together in double boiler. Roll into a ball and let stand for atleast 2 hrs. or overnight. DO NOT REFRIGERATE!! Knead until smooth and the consistency of fondant. To Roll Out: Use cooking spray instead of corn starch or powdered sugar. Here's what I did: I sprayed cooking spray onto freezer paper(slick side up) and kept rolling the chocolate out with a rolling pin and kept my rolling pin coated in cooking spray to keep it from sticking. I just picked the whole sheet of freezer paper up and turned it upside down on the cake and peeled the paper off. This process is the same as covering a cake in fondant. After cake is completely covered, spray with a light coat of cooking spray, blot excess with a paper towel. This gives it a beautiful sheen.

The good thing about using this chocolate recipe as opposed to fondant it has a wonderful taste and any mistake can easily be fixed just by smoothing and reshaping the chocolate with your finger.

Recipe for White Chocolate:

1 Lb of White Chocolate flavored coating(like for Almond Bark)
1/2 cup of Light Corn Syrup

Follow the same steps as the dark chocolate for the white chocolate. When you are ready to work with it, you will need to squeeze out the excess fat absorbing with paper towels until smooth and consistency of fondant. It is now ready to be colored using GEL Colors.(same as for fondant) DO NOT USE WATER BASED COLORS OR FLAVORS!!!

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 25

saving this too- that sounds so good!

raquel1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 25

Hi Debbie: thanks for pointing out that recipe for dark chocolate. It does sound easy and I will try it, maybe making half recipe for a tiny cake...I've never worked with "almond bark" or chocolate for coating, is that the same as candy melts?

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 25

I've made several different recipes for fondant from cc. Some are better than others... but I think LaWanda's white chocolate recipe tastes the best! It's also great to work with, I haven't had any real problems with it yet. thumbs_up.gif

raquel1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:53pm
post #10 of 25

Regarding LaWanda's white chocolate fondant: After reading the great reviews I have two cakes that I'm going to use it on. One is a "girly" cake with some gumpaste carnations and a miniature"quilt" drapped on the side, kinda like the cake on the Wilton's fondant/gum paste course. The other one is a "toilet paper roll" on top of a Germans chocolate cake.

Question: for the mini quilt and the outer "paper" of the roll, can I mix some gum paste with the chocolate fondant like you do with MMF? so decorations will set up firmer...

revel Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #11 of 25

Yes you can mix gumpaste into the fondant, i do it all the time. armywife1 do you cover cakes with the chocolate clay?
I have tried doing it before with a cowboy hat it really didn't work. I found it to stiff to work with it didn't want to smooth down around the bottom of the cake!
I was so disapointed.

toshaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toshaw Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:19pm
post #12 of 25

Thanks for asking this great question! I have already copied the recipe. I needed a Whiter fondant.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:01pm
post #13 of 25

curious to know the answer to the question posed by revel re covering the cakes with chocolate clay?

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #14 of 25

Does anyone know how long this white chocolate fondant is good for? How long should it be left at room temp? How long can it be frozen for. Thanks, sorry so many questions, by the way this is very similar to Michele Foster's Fondant. Nice to see a variation that I can try!!

kacurtis403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kacurtis403 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:33pm
post #15 of 25

I'm so glad I stumbled across this recipe. I have a white chocolate cake in the freezer right now that I will be covering with this white chocolate fondant. Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

pattyasken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattyasken Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalina1977

curious to know the answer to the question posed by revel re covering the cakes with chocolate clay?

Here's one I did in CCC - - Its not usual for me to have the types of issues revel stated...
LL

raquel1 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:46am
post #17 of 25

Hi revel: I made the LaWanda's white chocolate fondant and OMG! it is delicious. It made the entire room smell like chocolate and hazelnut. It was soo easy to work with, even easier than MMF, less sticky, whiter, tastier, just a pleasure for the senses icon_biggrin.gif In other words I LOVED IT! The toilet paper cake was hilarious and the "girly" cake was so beautiful the b-day girl wouldn't cut into it and wanted to just freeze it. For some reason I can't upload pics. Thank you soo much for sharing this( if there was an emoticon with a heart I would use it) icon_smile.gif

revel Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:22pm
post #18 of 25

Your Welcome! I got the recipe on CC a few weeks ago So i can't take to much of the credit!

I hope you can get your pictures uploaded, i'd love to see them!

Angie

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #19 of 25

I would love to try this too

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #20 of 25

Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:44pm
post #21 of 25

Thank you so much for the recipe, I am doing the 'Happy Dance'.

raquel1 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:39am
post #22 of 25

Hi Angie: I have another question for you, if I wanted a regular chocolate fondant could I use just regular instead of white chocolate? This may be a dumb question but I've learned to assume nothing... Is just that I love the texture of this and even though I see recipes for the chocolate clay or even the chocolate MMF I would love if a substitution of chocolates would work on this. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #23 of 25

I was also wondering about the regular chocolate. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I am waiting to hear as well.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:38am
post #24 of 25

This does sound good! I can't wait to try this!

adoo67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adoo67 Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 4:01am
post #25 of 25

can someone help me with how to color modeling chocolate?and can i put ganache underneath or it doesn't need anything to attach to cakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%