2 Quick Questions For Mmf Lovers

Decorating By cuteums Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 5:49pm by susanscakecreations

cuteums Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 6

I like using Rhonda's ultimate recipe. Should I substitute the corn syrup with glycerine or keep the recipe as is? The second question is, is it better to let the MMF sit overnight or for a few days (I need it for Friday) or use it right away? Thanks.

5 replies
luvbakin Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure what Rhonda's ultimate recipe is, but the recipe I use (from The Cake Bible) uses both corn syrup AND glycerin). Also, from what I understand you can use fondant right away, but it's always better to let it sit overnight first.

thecakebox Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:39am
post #3 of 6

have you tried michelle's fondant recipe on this site? it does not have marshmallows but gelatin and it uses glycerin and corn syrup. I have made both and IMHO michelle's is much easier to use and tastes better. I have only used just corn syrup in rhonda's and it worked well.

cuteums Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 6

I've never tried Michele Foster's recipe because it looks too complicated and easy to mess up. Everyone raves about it though so maybe one day when I am not in a crunch to make a cake I'll experiment with it.

thecakebox Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 6

its not hard at all! super easy in fact, but I will warn you, you do add a lot more powdered sugar than with the mmf, it needs to look a lot more stiff at the end to be right (don't know if you do this, but the mmf can be really elastic and almost fluid and it will really firm up the next day) hope this made sense, lol...if you want to try it and you run into trouble feel free to pm me icon_smile.gif

susanscakecreations Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 6

I have used Rhonda's ultimate chocolate mmf recipe and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It's listed here as Rhond'as Ultimate Chocolate MMF, and let me tell you... it tastes just like a Tootsie Roll!!!! I made it and used it the same day, but if you need it to 'harden up' you may want to go easier on the corn syrup.......I tried to make a loopy bow out of it, and it would not harden, but it goes on cakes like a dream!!! Maybe if you let it sit for a day it would harden?
Hope that helps ya!

Quote by @%username% on %date%