Wedding Cookie Cake?

Decorating By something_sweet Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:13pm by crystalina1977

something_sweet Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 7

I just got a call from a girl who wants a layered cookie cake in place of a wedding cake, but I think she wants it to look like a wedding cake... I told her I would do some research and get back to her, but other than personalized individual cookies, I haven't seen anything that I would consider to be nice enough for a wedding. Has anyone made a large, layered cookie cake? Any ideas for me on how to do it and/or make it look nice. She also mentioned not having icing, so I don't know what direction we will go, but I want to gather my options before I talk to her again.

Seems like I always get the people who want something different!!! lol..... thanks for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
sadiepix Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 7

I have done one like this (I think) for a kids' b-day.

In the round cake pans I made deep dish chocolate chip cookies and the same in sugar cookie (snickerdoodle)

I layered 3 c-chip together with ganache with more ganache on top, but not frosting the sides. The snickerdoodles had a layer of cinnamon-flavored cream cheese icing in between.

Unless she is wanting single layer, I imagine you would have to get her to pick out something to glue it all together, even if the top and sides were not iced, but just decorated/topped with flowers/etc.

Neat idea though, especially if the bride is not a fan of cake.

It would look a bit like a napoleon and using cake pans rather than free-hand cookies gives you even layers, and you can even trim all but the top layer of bumps or high edges.

Oh--whipped cream/light whipped icing don't work well, as the cookies are darn heavy! icon_smile.gif Learned that quick!

Wish I had a pic of it, but so many of my photos are stone age film. icon_wink.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 7

I think this is what she is talking about!!!This is Martha Stewarts version but can easily be replicated..Make sure you charge enough though...very very time consuming!!!

HTH thumbs_up.gif

Lenette Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 7

Someone on here did it with 3 large cookies iced to look just like a cake. Couldn't tell any different from the outside. I don't know how you could support it to stack.

Check the galleries, if I can find it I will post.

I am sure you could decorate it just like a wedding cake. I think it would be a lot of fun and a nice alternative for those that are not a fan of cake!

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 7

I walked past Mrs. Fiels in the mall yesterday, and they are making cookie cakes like you described. I checked their website, but there are no pics of what I saw icon_sad.gif

sadiepix Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 7

There are some nice pics in the gallery here I just found! If you search for cookie cake you get 3 pages, very nice!
(I am still learning the site, did not think to look there first! Thx Lenette!)

crystalina1977 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

i think sadiepix has the right idea...

Quote by @%username% on %date%