Ace Of Cakes - Cinderella Carriage Cake

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm by FeGe_Cakes

FeGe_Cakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 16

Does anyone have a picture of the cinderella carriage cake created by Duff and staff? I thought it was in season 2. And Sherry (i think) hand crafted the horses out of white chocolate.

I looked on charm city's website and ace of cake tv website with no luck.

Thanks

15 replies
FeGe_Cakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 16

No replies icon_sad.gif . I guess I should invest in Tivo. icon_rolleyes.gif

kjgjam22 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #3 of 16

maybe you can find it on you tube. try there.

mrsdawnwhite Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #4 of 16

You could try e mailing them just asking if you could use their design and maybe they would help you get a picture of the cake...I don't know.. but it's worth a try.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 16

I tried youtube.....NOTHING! icon_cry.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #6 of 16

Actually.... I am looking for it to show someone how you REALLY do a cinderella carriage cake. Without giving out too much detail..there is a "celebrity" pastor in my city and his daughter had a beautiful wedding, but I was shocked by the cakes.

I would have expected a more extravagant wedding cakes. But it was not the case. A chocolate grooms cake was nice but simple. A carriage cake with toy horses. And sheet cakes.

Since I don't know the baker, I can't post the picks.

jamie35 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:34am
post #7 of 16

It's soo funny I just saw this episode on Food Network tonight, tried looking for pics online too but no luck sorry icon_sad.gif . If you're just looking for a picture to use as an example to show someone you can try the Cakecentral galleries, I favorited a beautiful cinderella cake there, the best carriage cake I've ever seen. Here's the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1234568

andromedaslove Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 16

You know, I watched that episode last night. Or at least I think it was that episode. They were doing cinderella's carriage with the horse. The only problem my husband and I saw..... was that there was NO CAKE!! The carriage was a dummy, and the horse was made out of gumpaste and some sort of pipe. It wasn't even used as a topper for a cake. It was just put on a cake board and delivered. I have noticed quite a few times that some of his cakes are more decoration than cake.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 16

Thanks everyone. Actually CCer mrsdawnwhite sent me a link. Here it is of the cake.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0aXt58n0Hg8GS

You know I thought it was real cake when I posted until the show came on last night.

That is the only thing I don't like about Ace of Cakes. I don't understand why someone would hire a bakery to make props. Just hire an artist to do it. Oh well. If they are getting paid...I'm happy for them. I would do it too.

Dawanka Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 16

Here are the times that, that particular episode is playing hope this helps.

Jul 03, 2008 1:30 PM ET/PT
Jul 03, 2008 10:30 PM ET/PT
Jul 03, 2008 1:30 AM ET/PT

FeGe_Cakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:12pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks jamie35. That is a beautiful carriage cake. I love the walkway.

Dawanka Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #12 of 16

WOW that is beautiful. No wonder you want to show it to someone.

cohen1 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #13 of 16

I have the same issue with the "cake" not being a "cake" also.
They very easily could have made the carriage a ball cake! It is very frustrating and misleading IMHO.

Oh, well.

cocobean Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:31pm
post #14 of 16

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharring! thumbs_up.gif

chassidyg Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:41pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flg22275

Actually.... I am looking for it to show someone how you REALLY do a cinderella carriage cake. Without giving out too much detail..there is a "celebrity" pastor in my city and his daughter had a beautiful wedding, but I was shocked by the cakes.

I would have expected a more extravagant wedding cakes. But it was not the case. A chocolate grooms cake was nice but simple. A carriage cake with toy horses. And sheet cakes.

Since I don't know the baker, I can't post the picks.

Was that the wedding last weekend? I'll have to look for the pictures, I know they were talking high dollar wedding with lots of celebrities, I'd be shocked to see a cake with toy carriages as well!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm
post #16 of 16

Yes it was. icon_wink.gif It looked like real cake not a cake dummy. I was more surprised that it wasn't a huge cake with lots of intricate detail. It was simple but classy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%