Recieved An Amazing Gift!!!! I Have A Wonderful Friend!

Decorating By Joybeth Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm by DoniB

Joybeth Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 12

Ok, I am a beginning decorator, I have only been doing this for about 2 years. I have a friend who manages the local A.R.K. thrift store. She called me today and told me she had about 3 boxes of cake supplies she wanted me to have! Those three "boxes" were three big tubs of a hodgepodge of amazing stuff, from about 20 seperator plates (all different sizes plus 4 hard to find 6inch plates) , to at LEAST 30 pillars all different sizes, 4 filigree stairways, 4 platforms for the stairways, cherubim pillars, dozens of the push in cherubims, several cake toppers, and BEST OF ALL!!!! A Kolor FLo Fountain! Used but like New!!!!! It works great!!!! When I went back to see how much she wanted for all of it, she told me that because she had placed it in the store for two weeks, (and no one wanted it) she could now give it away! She wouldn't let me pay for them! I couldn't believe it!!!! She will be receiving many different cakes from me!!!! I am so excited right now, maybe later I can post some pics to find out what some of the stuff actually! A lot of it is very old but still in the packaging! The fountain also came with the cascade set too! (And the Roman columns to set it up!) Some of the stuff is before wilton patented their plates! Anyway, I just wanted to let my cc friends know about this amazing blessing. Ya'll got me to where I am and I wouldn't be a decorator without this website!

11 replies
mgdqueen Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 12

Great gift and a great friend! Now go make her a cake! icon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 12

oh that will be so much fun finding out what everything is-and i agree with mgdqeen-make her something special icon_smile.gif

DebBTX Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 12

How exciting! I bet it was fun to open each surprise. Enjoy your new things.

tyty Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 12

That's great news! I'm sure you are excited. Wow I'd love to see some of those things. It's nice to get a gift from the heart. Happy caking.

Mamas Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 12

That is so amazing and a welcome change from the my-friend-done-me-wrong stories. Good for you!

veronica970206 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 12

What is a Kolor-Flo-Fountain? I never even heard of that one, it sounds interesting. The cake angels were on your side today. Congrats and best wishes on your decorating. Sincerely, Veronica

becklynn Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 12

What fun! Who doesn't love getting new cake toys? Nice friend!

martmarg Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 12

congratulations!!!! You have an amazing friend. Enjoy your new stuff. How exciting!

CakeWhizz Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 12

What a blessing and what a friend! Thank God for treaures like her. You obviously must be an amazing person yourself for her to bless you with those fabulous gifts!

Joybeth Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm
post #11 of 12

A kolor flo is a fountain that wilton makes. It is about 115$ new. It is a little bit bigger than the fanci fountain. You can put food coloring into the water too. I am having to clean a lot of the stuff up. It looks like someone had this stuff stuck in a storage closet or something. All dusty. You're right though I have had SO much fun going through it all!

DoniB Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm
post #12 of 12

that's wonderful! I'm with the others... Go forth and make her a cake!!! icon_smile.gif Hmmm... maybe like a gift-wrapped present, since she gifted you with it? icon_smile.gif

that's wonderful! How blessed you are!

Quote by @%username% on %date%