Wilton Whipped Icing Mix??

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:48pm by akgirl10

akgirl10 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried this, does it taste good? Would it be appropriate to use it in a cookies and cream filling? I really want to try a c&c filling, but I don't want to refrigerate the cake.

7 replies
Beckalita Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 8

I have tried it and liked it, but it's a little pricey. I would be awesome as a cookies & cream filling.

bathoryjones Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 8

I have used it and it tastes pretty good and holds up well. I have not used it for a filling but have made a cookies and cream filling using regular buttercream with a mixin of crushed oreo cookies and it tastes like oreo cookies and the cream filling.

cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 8

i tried it on some cupcakes for Bible School and for some reason it had the texture of melted marshmallows, wont use it again dont know if it was something i did or what,

mmgiles Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 8

I use cream cheese frosting to make my cookies n cream filling. I read somewhere on here that adding enough powdered sugar to the cream cheese made it stable enough not to be refridgerated (that is assuming its kept at room temperature and not out for many days - within reason).

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 8

I have used it before, it's taste is hard to describe, it's pricey, even with a
Michael's coupon. I has a thicker consistency. I don't use it anymore
because I have found too many great recipes on this website and I try not
to use prepackaged items.

tobycat Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 8

I've used it a couple of times. It tastes fine -- light, but definitely not too sweet. It's also got that "not homemade" taste to it though.

The only thing I would ever use it for now is if I needed to do some super small writing on something. It's a miracle for doing that. It holds it's shape better than anything -- and doesn't have all the airy hole problems that you can get with RI. It holds up excellently. It is expensive though for how much you get in a box.

HTH -- S.

akgirl10 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the replies, I bought some so I guess I'll try out the c&c filling. The box shows a cake decorated with roses, maybe I'll try some. They can't turn out any worse than my b/c roses, right? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%