Golf Cake Or Christmas Cake Or Both

Decorating By CulinaryActor Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm by dbramble1020

CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 10

In December My Mom's Side Of the family is coming down to our house to celebrate my Grandpa's 70th Birthday. It happens to be at the same time as christmas.
I wanted to make a golf cake for my grandpa but i also wanted to make a christmas cake. I also had the thought of doing a two or three tier cake and have each tier be celebrating something different like golf and chrstmas. Unless that might look too chaotic. Another thing is that I want to spend alot of time with family not too much with cakes.

What should I do?

9 replies
NickiKR Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 10

It is a tough choice, however coming from someone whose birthday is near Christmas, I hate when my birthday gets lumped into the holidays. If my birthday were in June, it wouldn't be a Christmas/birthday cake.

But that is just my bitter opinion. icon_wink.gif

meldancer Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 10

Could you do a small golf cake just for your grandpa and then a christmas cake. That way you get to do both, not too overwhelming and you can enjoy your holiday.

butterflywings Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 10

i vote for separate cakes. i really think birthdays should be special and seperate from other holidays.

jennicita Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 10

What about Santa at the golf course?

tiggy2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 10

Bake, fill, crumb coat and freeze the cake(s) the week before and make all of your BC and decorations ahead of time so all you have to do is frost and decorate the day before the gathering.

charlieinMO Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 10

OH I like the Santa at the golf course cake!! If not that, then I would do two diff cakes.

Dawanka Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 10

I agree with NickiKR, my birthday is around Christmas also and its the worst when the birthday cake is Christmasy and not a birthday cake. I say do two small cakes nothing really fancy and have fun with the family.

CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 10

I like all the Ideas thanks a ton for all of your guys help!

dbramble1020 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm
post #10 of 10

I like the santa playing golf. You could use Frosty as a golf partner and they can play on snow instead of grass. If not that I would also do two seperate cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%