Help. My Royal Icing Cookies Are Still Wet!

Decorating By Babygirlx Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 1:13pm by BJ

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 9

I have a delivery of 75 pink ribbon cookies tonite individually wrapped and the icing on my cookies are still wet. I iced them yesterday morning and thought they would be done in time. I made so many before and I think this time i made it more runny for some reason. Is this the reason this happened? ( More water) Anyway, what can I do? Could I stick in fridge for a lil bit? I have 9 hours but I dont see it being enough if 24 wasn't. Will it ruin the taste by putting in fridge? I don't ant to crack anyone's teeth.

8 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 9

Did you ice them with royal icing?

BJ Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 9

I'm sorry - it said in your subject line that you did. I wouldn't recommend putting them in the fridge. I would recommend putting them either under a heat lamp or in your oven under the lowest possible setting. If you don't have a heat lamp - you can use a regular light bulb and somehow place it over the cookies (but not too close). What your looking for is heat to help speed the drying process. No fridge! icon_surprised.gif
BJ

Babygirlx Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you so much. I will wait for a few more hours then place in oven. Thanks for the advice.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 9

For some reason I'm thinking that heat might melt the fat in the cookies causing more problems. Can you put a fan on them. I sometimes have a fan blowing across the tops to help evaporate the excess moisture in the icing. Just make sure if they are sitting on waxed paper that you have cookies weighting down the edges so it doesn't blow the paper onto the wet icing. Learned that the hard way.

Babygirlx Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 9

update;
I put the cookies in the oven on the lowest(200) and lt them sit. They dried so I am happy i can put them in the bags now. The only thing that happened was they went in with a smooth gloss and came out looking a little rough. th icing looked like it had lil holes kinda. Dont care, it worked and Im bagging them up. It was totally free so that makes it easier to accept. If it was a paying customer, I would of started earlier and not made ot so runny for the next time. Thanks for the advice

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the update. Now I know that's an option for my future reference. How long do they stay in the oven at 200?

Babygirlx Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 9

Quite a bit. I say around 30 min. Just keep checking every 5-10 minuts. I ept checking and they still felt damp. when they are dried, they will feel hard. I taste testeed and it is still good. the royal is crunchy biting into it but soft inside. They are still the bomb! (NFSC)

BJ Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:13pm
post #9 of 9

Glad to hear things worked out for you. We learn from our mistakes - that's half the fun! Keep on baking! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%