Heart Shape Wedding Cake

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm by -K8memphis

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 8

Here is a heart shape wedding cake I did for June 7th. Rose are all handmade and hand painted. This was a really heavy cake to carry. The Bride and Groom just loved it.
LL

7 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 8

Its beautiful! You do lovely work.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 8

I do too. It's beautiful.

If I ever take another cake order, I'm gonna do the texture like that instread of that smoothie smoothie stuff.

Really pretty work. Creative design.

Whacha got in there? What flavors?

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 8

It's beautiful. Very non-traditional.. lovely... More details about the flavors, size, etc...

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 8

you did a great job, i especially like the way you frosted it.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 8

Great job. I like the not so smoothy look too..

Just did a wedding cake with sides like yours.. easy but elegant and not a lot of extra icing.

Are you new to CC....? Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone. No I'm not new I just haven't posted many pic's. The flavor was french vanilla with BC in between each layer. I did use a champagne oil flavoring in my icing which I found to be really yummy and so did the bride and groom. They wanted just a white cake with only BC but the cake did have vanilla pudding in it so it was really moist. I stumbled onto the icing technique by playing around with my icing. I had never seen a cake done like that and I thought it was very elegant this way and it does use less icing. The middle was 14" and the 2 half side hearts were 12" The roses are handmade and I then hand painted each one because I don't like the way gumpaste looks with colour added to it. This is a softer look for the roses. I just used upward sweeps with the icing and tryed to keep the sweeps close to each other. This also look really nice if you do the top smooth with the sides in an upward sweep. The roses are all attached to each other with wire and floral tape. I did that so the bride could put them in a shadow box as a keepsake.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 8

You are on the cutting edge of the hottest in cakes then imho. I have seen this a couple times before even in a stacked design. Beats the stuffins out of those really picky ticky fondant look smoothie buttercream cakes. Y'know when a bride says, "I just want it real simple". Those are simple looking but so not simple to do.

Yeah like hexagon cakes with 1/4" fondant ribbon midway around the sides--deliver me! "just real simple" she says in a real high squeaky voice. Fasten your seatbelts.

I'm talking everybody (if I ever do another cake) into texture texture texture.

Love your cake, Cake-Buddy, it's genius.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%