In Desperate Need Of Help With Gumpaste Tulip

Decorating By buc20 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm by wgoat5

buc20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buc20 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 9

If anyone can help me out I need to make tulips for a last minute july 5th wedding. I tried the wilton way with the gumpaste book and I really did not like the style. I was looking for instructions on making them per petal. Please Help! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 9

I agree with you on the Wilton one. They don't even look like tulips. In the book I have they show the gumpaste ones next to fresh tulips and they are just not right (JMO). I would like to know too.

Bev

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 9

check out the tulip cake pic I just posted called Tulip Cake. I think the flowers look good?? And you can continue the cut of each petal down to the center to make individual petals.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 9

The only way i know to make a tulip (look in my pictures) is by petal (never done any wilton method anything). But you would need tulip cutters (or you could freehand the shape), a silicone impression mold, and egg molds to get the shape. Sorry I realize I'm not being much help lol.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

go to craft store... get plastic tulip flowers.. take apart the flower.. use the petals for a guide to cut (leaving one tulip intact to go by for a guide).. also.. if the fake tulip has a vein in it use it to vein the gp with icon_smile.gif

HTH's

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

go to craft store... get plastic tulip flowers.. take apart the flower.. use the petals for a guide to cut (leaving one tulip intact to go by for a guide).. also.. if the fake tulip has a vein in it use it to vein the gp with icon_smile.gif

HTH's

What a great idea!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

HTH's

What a great idea!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 9

Oops! Sorry! How do you delete a post? I can only seem to get in to edit it???

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 9

That is all you can do.. but that is ok Michelle icon_smile.gif

I think CC had a hiccup icon_smile.gif

that wasn't my idea.. but I knew LOTS of people have done this I even have a crazy friend who blows up the pics of the cutters and just prints those as guides (crazy friend is on here somewhere LOL) icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%