In Desperate Need Of Help With Gumpaste Tulip

Decorating By buc20 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm by wgoat5

buc20 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 9

If anyone can help me out I need to make tulips for a last minute july 5th wedding. I tried the wilton way with the gumpaste book and I really did not like the style. I was looking for instructions on making them per petal. Please Help! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
4laynes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 9

I agree with you on the Wilton one. They don't even look like tulips. In the book I have they show the gumpaste ones next to fresh tulips and they are just not right (JMO). I would like to know too.

Bev

Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 9

check out the tulip cake pic I just posted called Tulip Cake. I think the flowers look good?? And you can continue the cut of each petal down to the center to make individual petals.

PinkZiab Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 9

The only way i know to make a tulip (look in my pictures) is by petal (never done any wilton method anything). But you would need tulip cutters (or you could freehand the shape), a silicone impression mold, and egg molds to get the shape. Sorry I realize I'm not being much help lol.

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

go to craft store... get plastic tulip flowers.. take apart the flower.. use the petals for a guide to cut (leaving one tulip intact to go by for a guide).. also.. if the fake tulip has a vein in it use it to vein the gp with icon_smile.gif

HTH's

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

go to craft store... get plastic tulip flowers.. take apart the flower.. use the petals for a guide to cut (leaving one tulip intact to go by for a guide).. also.. if the fake tulip has a vein in it use it to vein the gp with icon_smile.gif

HTH's

What a great idea!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

HTH's

What a great idea!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 9

Oops! Sorry! How do you delete a post? I can only seem to get in to edit it???

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 9

That is all you can do.. but that is ok Michelle icon_smile.gif

I think CC had a hiccup icon_smile.gif

that wasn't my idea.. but I knew LOTS of people have done this I even have a crazy friend who blows up the pics of the cutters and just prints those as guides (crazy friend is on here somewhere LOL) icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%