The Cake From **** Is Finished!

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 12:42am by adunfag

CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:22am
post #1 of 13

I am new to the cake decorating scene and this cake has been the worst pain yet!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1236705.html
From deciding how I wanted to modify the design (I don't like decorating exactly like the book says icon_biggrin.gif ), to finding someone to take the cake off my hands, to losing my rose cutters, to running out of PS, to spending practically 2 days straight making darn fondant roses, this amazingly stressful cake is DONE! Special thanks to CakeDiva73 for loaning me the cake pans, giving me her extra set of rose cutters and showing me how to make a fondant rose (for various reasons, my instructor never showed us in class). You were a life (and sanity icon_razz.gif ) saver!
Thanks for looking!

Becca

12 replies
bizatchgirl Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:29am
post #2 of 13

It looks WONDERFUL!!! I never made my Course 3 because I never found anyone who needed it, and I couldn't see spending all that time for nothing. I'm so glad you found someone to take it. I'm sure they will appreciate the hard work and the fantastic job that you did!!! Just think, it was all a learning experience and it should just get easier!

Lorendabug Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 13

I think we all have days that we wonder why we do this? Then there are those cakes that everything just goes perfect. I wish there were more of those.

Just think of all the things this cake has taught you. It sure looks great! I put it in my favorites, was looking for ideas for the 4th. Thanks for posting it!

Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:33am
post #4 of 13

Ok, now pat yourself on the back, because that cake is GORGEOUS!!! Great job!!! They're going to love it.

CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:49am
post #5 of 13

Thanks, guys! I was REALLY nervous making this cake because it's going to someone I've never even met, whose part of a group that could be ordering A LOT of cakes. Now that it's done, I'm not too worried about it. I'm happy with the way it looks and tastes (at least the scraps were good icon_wink.gif ) and for a free cake, I think she'll be happy. Now I just need to clean my house so she doesn't think I made her cake in a pigsty when she picks it up tomorrow icon_surprised.gif

Becca

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:56am
post #6 of 13

Hi,

I think you cake is great and I am Canadian! lol. I took course 3 as well. Some parts were helpful but I agree with the other cc'er who said we don't need it. Most of our learning occurs in our kitchens with hours of practice.

Great job on the roses. icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:35am
post #7 of 13

Wow, I think that cake is just great! It would work for a July birthday or for the fourth, it's fantastic and I think roses came out fab.....great job! You should be very proud (and ready for a vacation, I'm sure, lol icon_smile.gif )

Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 13

Becca, You just gave me a great idea for a 4th of july cake I need to make! I love it!

CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 13

Well, the woman just came to pick up the cake and I actually feel sad icon_surprised.gif . How crazy is that! I HATED making this cake until it was all done. This is the first cake I've given away and I feel like my baby just left in someone else's car icon_cry.gif . Ok. Not really that bad, but you get the idea icon_wink.gif . She really liked the cake and said she would definitely be ordering from me in the future. Hopefully, she'll still think that when she tastes it icon_wink.gif .

Becca

floophs Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:57am
post #10 of 13

Great job on your cake! I am still new at decorating cakes too and I bet it would be hard to give away something you've slaved over. Hey, but the thought of having a repeat customer is awesome! Congrats...you did a great job!

CakesbyBecca Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #11 of 13

Thanks! I got an email from the "customer" today. She froze the cake and used it for a party yesterday. Here's what she wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

The cake was a big hit and delicious! You definitely put A LOT of work into it. I had a lot of comments on the colors and the flavors! MMmmm...was the big response!

YAY! I'm so glad my first cake to a stranger worked out
icon_biggrin.gif

Becca

milissasmom Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyBecca

Thanks! I got an email from the "customer" today. She froze the cake and used it for a party yesterday. Here's what she wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

The cake was a big hit and delicious! You definitely put A LOT of work into it. I had a lot of comments on the colors and the flavors! MMmmm...was the big response!

YAY! I'm so glad my first cake to a stranger worked out
icon_biggrin.gif

Becca

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

adunfag Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #13 of 13

Congratulations, great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%