Wedding Cake Pricing???

Decorating By Julieboo Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm by Julieboo

Julieboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julieboo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:28am
post #1 of 7

I am fairly new to using these forums and I know everyone has asked a pricing question but I really do need help.
I was asked to do a wedding cake for about 150 in late August. She would like 3 or 4 tiers on separate stands with a sheet cake in the kitchen. How much should I charge?
I will also be delivering it about 30 miles out of town, should I have a set delivery fee or a per mile fee?
Thank you for your help!
Julieboo

6 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

There are several things to take into consideration., Is it Butter cream or Fondant, and even thought she wants a 3 tier and a sheet cake you still need to charge them for the extras if you get to much cake, You need to know what sizes to do as well, Hope this helps

lisameadows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisameadows Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 7

You could probably figure between $3.75 and $4.25 per slice and a set-up and delivery fee of $60.00. Do not sell yourself short!! Your time and talent is priceless!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 7

Whether you can charge $2.50 per serving or $6.00 per serving is heavily determined by your local market. And yes, you should charge for delivery, per mile. More of my thoughts here. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 7

Hey Kelley, you might want to update it ... I heard on Wall Street Report this past week that the govt increased the mileage allowance from 50 cents to 58 cents.

I charge my clients $1.25 per round trip mile.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Hey Kelley, you might want to update it ... I heard on Wall Street Report this past week that the govt increased the mileage allowance from 50 cents to 58 cents.

I charge my clients $1.25 per round trip mile.

Thanks Debi, you are right as usual! icon_biggrin.gif I have updated my article.

Julieboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julieboo Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all who responded. We were just in the first phase of talking about her wedding cake. She has since decided that she would like all buttercream frosting and three separate tiers on her cake table with a sheet cake in the kitchen. She has asked that each cake be decorated differently. and`each be a different flavor.
I am looking into the prices around town as well.
So thank you again and more input is always apprecited.
julieboo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%