Sugar Shacks Buttercream Recipe

Decorating By sugarflour2 Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 2:02am by superstar

sugarflour2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 21

Ok, so I'm finally going to try Sugar Shacks buttercream recipe and my order of cream bouquet is not in my order. If I don't have the cream bouquet, how much is this going to affect the taste? This will also be the first time for not using SMBC as my icing, so I'm a bit scared as it is, but now knowing I don't have one of the essential ingredients for her recipe is really making me panic.

Is there anything else I can use to replace the cream bouquet, like mixing a few extracts together or something?

20 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:23am
post #2 of 21

You could use the clear vanilla and butter emulsion, if you have it. I suspect there is some citrus going on and a touch of almond extract but go reallly easy on the almond, it is so overpowering.

I love the creme bouquet but found the wedding bouquet too fragrant for my taste. Have fun icon_smile.gif

Mamas Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:35am
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I love the creme bouquet but found the wedding bouquet too fragrant for my taste. Have fun icon_smile.gif

This is a little off topic but . . . NO WAY! ME TOO! I double ziplock bagged the bottle of wedding bouquet and I can still smell it when I walk into my house and it smells like overly ripe fruit rotting in the garbage. The flavor isn't bad but it is very intense. How do I get the creme bouquet?

P.S. I would just use a good vanilla ( I love rodelle's) and a bit of butter flavor as previously recomended

tenayr Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:53am
post #4 of 21

I have been looking for creme bouquet where do you find it? and what is sugar shacks buttercream recipe, please?

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #5 of 21

I think if you don't like wedding bouquet then you wouldn't like creme bouquet.... I would try creme royal then.. it is a vanilla, butter, something else kind of emulsion.. doesn't have any citrus undertones or floral scents...

tracey1970 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:36am
post #6 of 21

I use vanilla and instead of the plain coffee creamer mentioned in her recipe, I use various flavoured coffee creamers (one flavour per recipe, of course). That can make the icing tastier without using anything too powerful.

Mamas Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:39am
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I think if you don't like wedding bouquet then you wouldn't like creme bouquet.... I would try creme royal then.. it is a vanilla, butter, something else kind of emulsion.. doesn't have any citrus undertones or floral scents...

Where would I purchase this? I have been playing around with flavors trying to come up with a signature vanilla buttercream flavor.

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:44am
post #8 of 21

you can get it at s u g a r c r a f t .com

lutie Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:53am
post #9 of 21

Here is the Creme Bouquet recipe someone put on CC forum... I wish I knew who it was because it tastes exactly like the Creme Bouquet I bought from Global Sugar Arts.

Creme Bouquet Recipe

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp (clear) vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavoring

Hope that helps!

lainalee Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:54am
post #10 of 21

Not sure who posted it, but someone listed mixing equal parts (1T ea) vanilla, almond, lemon, and butter flavors. This is what I have been using as my "Bouquet" and everyone loves it. HTH

danizabe Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #11 of 21

can someone please give me the ssugar sack bc recipe ill like to try it and icant find the recipe unless is in a web site icon_smile.gif

mindywith3boys Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #12 of 21

Here is Sharon's (Sugarshack) recipe

HTH! ~Mindy

sugarflour2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:53am
post #13 of 21

Thank you sooooo much ladies! You just don't know, I was really freaking out about not having this. Like I said, I've only used SMBC and the thought of using something else scares the #!@! out of me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

sugarflour2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:06pm
post #14 of 21

Two more questions for the experts. My cake and cupcake order is for this coming Sunday. How far in advance can I make the buttercream, colors and all, and how should I store it until ready to use?

Also, I have a 7qt. mixer, does anybody know what the measurements would be for that?

cherrycakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:02pm
post #15 of 21

I'm sure the answer is somewhere on this site but I just can't seem to find it - Can I substitute butter for half the Crisco in Sharon's recipe?

tracey1970 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #16 of 21

I always use Sharon's recipe with half butter and half hi-ratio shortening. No problems.

sugarflower2 - there are a few threads on here that discuss the amount of ingredients needed for Sharon's recipe in various sized mixing bowls. If you use all shortening in the BC, you can store it airtight on the counter for at least a week or more. Because I use some butter in mine, I refrigerate airtight and then soften on the counter the day I want to decorate. It lasts for a week or two in the fridge. I have heard that I don't need to refrigerate it because of the sugar content, but I feel better doing it anyway.

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:58pm
post #17 of 21

Sharons recipe (all shortening, hi ratio can last for a couple of weeks on the counter icon_smile.gif )

sugarflour2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:48pm
post #18 of 21

Oooooo, thanks again ladies. This really makes my day. The cake & cupcakes are due until Sunday, but I want to stay ahead of the game. I'm going to finish baking my cakes today, and tomorrow I'll make the buttercream. Maybe this time I'll be able to control my time management a little better. Thanks again!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:28pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1970

I always use Sharon's recipe with half butter and half hi-ratio shortening. No problems.

sugarflower2 - there are a few threads on here that discuss the amount of ingredients needed for Sharon's recipe in various sized mixing bowls. If you use all shortening in the BC, you can store it airtight on the counter for at least a week or more. Because I use some butter in mine, I refrigerate airtight and then soften on the counter the day I want to decorate. It lasts for a week or two in the fridge. I have heard that I don't need to refrigerate it because of the sugar content, but I feel better doing it anyway.

I do the same thing, only I use regular shortening. I don't know why, but Sharon's icing seems to spread further (cover more cakes) than my previous recipe. I love it!

danizabe Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #20 of 21

thank you just in time for the weekend iam gonna try it it will be my first time with butter cream i always use the cook icing so ill try something new thanks a lot>>>>>>>> icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:02am
post #21 of 21

I love Creme Bouquet but don't care for Wedding Bouquet, Wedding Bouquet has too much almond flavor & as that is a flavor I am not crazy about the Wedding Bouquet does not appeal to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%