Cupcake Decorating Tip, I Dont Know What Tip She Is Using?!?

Baking By Jayde Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm by SugarBakerz

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:11am
post #1 of 19

Does anyone know what kind of tip is she using to pipe that swirl? I want to go and get one for a huge cupcake order that I have coming up. It says that she is using a loyal number 17 tip, but I cant find that anywhere! I need some help.

18 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #2 of 19

Holy Cow, that is one monster tip....way bigger then the oversized star tip I have. Sorry I can't help more icon_sad.gif

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:21am
post #3 of 19

I don't think they sell them in the usa, I saw some people talking about them on a board and they were in australia. this was the only place I found online that had them, if you can tell in the pic, I think its the one to the far left..HTH. http://www.cakedecoratingcentral.com/category66_1.htm

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:30am
post #4 of 19

I use Wilton's 1M to pipe large swirls like that on cupcakes. It's kinda hard to tell on the video what tip that could be because it doesn't stick out from the end of the bag.

Hope this helps.

brogi2baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brogi2baker Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 19

I have a tip similar to the one she is using, I think. It says on the tip, Magic Tip 9ST Korea. It is way bigger than the wilton 1M.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:39am
post #7 of 19

here is a pic..
LL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:44am
post #8 of 19

I do believe it may be CCer Boonenati who did them....PM her and see what the U.S. equivalent would be.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-boonenati.html

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:46am
post #9 of 19

I use Ateco #847 and it is so big I don't use a coupler with it. I get a similar effect but I think the tip used is a little bigger

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #10 of 19

I'm pretty sure that I have something similar to this at my shop. Mine is metal though & I believe it is made by "Ateco". It is definitely bigger than the Wilton ones though.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #11 of 19

#847.......I think that's the one!

(Guess you were posting at the same time, I should have waited a few more seconds!)

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:36am
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCakeGirl

#847.......I think that's the one!

(Guess you were posting at the same time, I should have waited a few more seconds!)

It was a nice double check cause I wasn't sure I posted the right number icon_lol.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #13 of 19

Awesome guys! I will have to go and check out an Ateco #847. I know that most of the Wilton ones arent that big, thats why I asked. You guys are so wonderful!

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #14 of 19

http:// cooksdream. com /Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Star_Tip

This site has that tip and tons more big ateco tips!

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #15 of 19

Under the video it says

I use a loyal number 17 tip to pipe swirls on c...

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:35am
post #16 of 19

does anyone have an extra ateco #847 tip or maybe if it's available at a store near you, could you buy it for me and mail it to me please? am desperate icon_sad.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:49pm
post #17 of 19

Ateco sells star tips in sets of 10 graduating sizes, from "normal" to "huge" - definately worth getting.

You can buy the sets through amazon.com

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:06pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

does anyone have an extra ateco #847 tip or maybe if it's available at a store near you, could you buy it for me and mail it to me please? am desperate icon_sad.gif

You can order it from the site I put up a few posts back! It is 1.89, like 2 something shipping for one tip. The #847 is a closed star though, they have others on the site that are an open star like the loyal 17!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #19 of 19

are you sure the 1M tip wouldn't work for you, it is massive. Here is a photo of CC's I did using that tip! I chose this one of all my photos because the colored cc's show the lines made with the 1M tip.... HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=510933

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%