Instructions On Making Chocolate Butterflies

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 2:09am by jessfmaldonado

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:06am
post #1 of 13

I've seen several, beautiful chocolate butter flies and wanted to know if there was a tutorial? It appears that a chocolate transfer is used on the wings and some type of icing for the body and over the wings. There is not any place locally to take a class, so I'm going to try and teach myself.

Thanks so much,

Vonda

12 replies
dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:51am
post #2 of 13

It is really not too hard I learned from the book hello cupcake. Draw a template on paper then place under wax paper.Then using choc candy melts get your outline color chocolate ready in a piping bag and whatever inside color you want in another piping bad melt 'till all choc is fully melted #0 seconnd at a time in microwave...Iused a small round tip lie 3 or so ...Now let choc cool 'till not super runny and trace the outline of a wing do each wing separately and then immediayely fill with the inner color of choice and quickly use a toothpick to swirl the outer color into inner color lightly tap to settle cocolate.then stick in freezer for a few minutes...also on wax paper pie really fine #3 tip antanaes ..To assemble prop wings with 2 m&m's on each side and run a thich bead of icing down center and gently stick in antennae ..After a bit of practice it becomes pretty easy....hope this helps I have attached a pic of my first try and I loved them
LL
LL

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:36am
post #3 of 13

WOW..these are really cool. I can't wait to try them........thank you dee-lite.

dee-lite Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 13

Sory, I apparantly can't type though.(I need a tutorial on typing icon_redface.gif ) Melt choc 30 sec at a time/use mm for head if desired/Let me know if you ould like a real tutorial with pics

Kaybaby Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:14am
post #5 of 13

Thank you so much. I would love a tutorial with pics.

Vonda

PS They look awesome.

YALANTZI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YALANTZI Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 13

They look great!! we would love a tutorial on how to make them...

Kaybaby Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:18am
post #7 of 13

Thank you so much. I would love a tutorial with pics.

Vonda

PS They look awesome.

dee-lite Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 13

I will get a visual tutorial together as soon as I come back from vacation 2nd week in July icon_biggrin.gif

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:14pm
post #9 of 13

wow great job. Did you use a M&M's for the head. I to would like the tutorial when you come back. Where did you buy the book with them in it?

Kaybaby Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:42pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks so much. Have a great vacation.

Vonda

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 12:10am
post #11 of 13

I would also like the tutorial......thank you

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:34am
post #12 of 13

Great chocolate butterflies dee-lite!

Here's a link to some I did.... http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1234294

I just googled butterflies....printed it out....layed wax paper over image and then traced with dark chocolate melted wafers....let harden....then went over with melted orange choc. wafers...harden...peeled off paper and put an cuppies

I did mine as one piece with wings and body done all at once. I actually traced it by dipping a toothpick in the choc. for outlining and fill with tiny brush.maybe I'm doing it a really hard way but it seems to be easy for me.

They were time consuming,but I think well worth it!
HTH
Nancy

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:09am
post #13 of 13

ohhhhhhhh I have been wanting to do chocolate butterflies too!!! I would love that tutorial as well. Thanks so much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%