Can I Please Vent????

Decorating By daisysn2001 Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 4:47am by jovolavka

daisysn2001 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 5

I agreed to do a wedding cake for one of the girls at work daughter. During our conversation she said her daughter didn't want a cake but since she was paying for the wedding there was going to be cake. This was back in march. At the end of April I get a magazine picture from the bride asking if I could make that cake. I agreed. Now it is June 24th and I am getting ready to order supplies because of course I took a weeks vacation in July and the bride calls (of course when her mother is on vacation out of the country) and says I don't want that cake I want one I saw in another magazine. she emails me a picture and my jaw dropped. I work full time and set my schedule for the two weeks before the wedding to do this cake. The cake that she wants now would be possible if I wasn't working 3 12hour shifts that week. I emailed her back explaining that it was just to intricate for the time I had alotted for the cake. Her response was but it looks easy and if you were going to one can't you do the other. UUUGGGGGHHHHH! people just don't get it do they? The time and patience and love that we put into each cake we create. I am not a bakery I am a nurse that just loves to do cake. Maybe I should just tell her to call the bakery and see if they will do it.

4 replies
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 5

For sure. Great idea.

CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 5

pfft! People are so ridiculous sometimes.....did it not occur to her that the type of cake she was picking out probably COST more too??

Honestly, refer her to the local bakery and wash your hands of it. Sounds almost as if she purposely waited until Mom was away so she could have her say.

(hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!) icon_lol.gif

yeah, I know.....I'm a total dork.

daisysn2001 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:20am
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys! I did call her and told her it was perfectly ok with me if she wanted to check out the local bakery but I needed an answer by Friday. I got a call today saying the first cake would be just fine and she apologized for the misunderstanding. I will bet she got a bit of sticker shock at the bakery on the second cake, LOL.

jovolavka Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:47am
post #5 of 5

good for you for sticking to your guns! it's definitely not fair to you for her to change everything after the decision had already been made, and also because you rearranged your 'day job' schedule to accomodate her! not to mention the time & effort & supplies you have already invested! best wishes to you with the cake, I'm sure it will be beautiful! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%