Help! How Do I Make A Wall-E Cake???

Decorating By amytracy1981 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 1:38am by bwonderful

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 20

My soon to be 7 year old son decided that he wants to have a Wall-E party for his birthday. How in the world do I make a Wall-E cake? The movie is not even out yet, but they have the Wall-E party supplies at the party store.
For anyone who doesn't know who Wall-E is her is a link.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/wall-e/

I was thinking about just doing him all tucked up in his box, with just his eyes peeking out (this is because I have no idea how to construct his neck, arms and legs). Any Ideas?

19 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 20

You beat me to the ?????? My daughter wants me to make a Wall-E cupcake cake for her friend's birthday this weekend. There aren't too many pictures to use on the above link but you can buy the toy Wall-E at blockbuster to use as a model. I was thinking about buying one and keep the receipt to return it. You don't even have to take it out of the box because it has a clear front.

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 20

On the link above, you can click on gallery and there are numerous photos.

As far as the cake, Wilton does have a pan out already. I believe I've seen them at Micheal's. The following link also has them, although I have never purchased through them. Hope this helps.

http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=4546

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 20

Yep, Wilton already has out everything. Cupcake liners, sugar toppers, plastic toppers, pans. Saw them at Michaels and at the cake supply store. The new Wilton book for 2009 has a whole page of Wall-E ideas if you can take a look at one (also saw that at Michaels and the cake store)

GOOD LUCK!

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 20

Thanks guys!
I had seen the Wilton pan but I was hopping to do something more 3 demensional. I was thinking for his body I would do 4 8 inch sqaures stacked and that was about as far as I got! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
I have no idea how to do the neck, head, legs or arms.

I had an idea. I was watching those short little videos on the Disney website and noticed that when he gets scared he tucks his head, arms and legs into his body. So I was thinking why not make not make him look like he is scared, and have just his eyes peeking out a bit. I have attached my sketch. Any suggestions on what to make the eyes out of?
LL

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 20

you could make the eyes out of rice krispy treats covered in bc.

you could do all of the appendages out of RKT and frost or cover in fondant.

GOOOODDD LUCK!!!
icon_lol.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #7 of 20

Well, the cupcake cake is done! Here he (she icon_wink.gif ) is. A little change of the name for the birthday girl. 24 cupcakes in total. BTW, the movie was great.
LL

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #8 of 20

Parabel great job! Very, very nice cake.

We better get used to this little guy.

It's Disney, and the movie is getting great reviews.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:35am
post #9 of 20

anyone notice how this guy is pretty much the same little robot from the movie "short circuit"? Or am I the only one old enough to remember that one?

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:37am
post #10 of 20

Someone here at CC made a 3-D Wall-e cake. It was pretty good and may help you with the idea. Here's the picture.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1232288

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:41am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

anyone notice how this guy is pretty much the same little robot from the movie "short circuit"? Or am I the only one old enough to remember that one?

I remember!!

When I first started seeing the previews, I thought the SAME thing.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #12 of 20
Quote:

no, you're not the only one to remember that movie (was one of my FAVES in the 80's). we took our boys to see it over the weekend and there are "some" similarities between Wall*e and Number 5 (I am alive!!) in the wheel base and eyes, only Wall*e is a itty bitty little boxy thing and Number 5 was this tall (human height) gangly kinda robot. but they are similar... LOL

btw, great job on the cc cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #13 of 20

even the director admits he was influenced by that movie.

but WALL-E is cuter!!! and the movie better!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #14 of 20

I'm always teasing my kids about how their generation is the generation of no imagination because everything is a remake anymore.... and they funny part is they don't even know what the original is/was!

The movie "Momma Mia" .... anyone remember the Sophia Loren movie of the same concept?

KathysCC Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:45am
post #15 of 20
Quote:

I thought the same thing when I first saw him. icon_lol.gif We need to find a picture to compare!

butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #16 of 20

here's Mr. Johnny 5
LL

butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #17 of 20

and here's Mr. Wall*E
LL

KathysCC Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:52am
post #18 of 20

Thanks butterflywings, that's great! I do see the resemblance but it's not as close as I remember. icon_lol.gif

butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:56am
post #19 of 20

yeah, when i looked up the pics, it wasn't as close as i was thinking. but if you haven't seen the movie, once you see it, you'll totally see the influence... wall*e has the same curious nature that Johnny 5 had and they both have this cute way of moving thier heads that's totally endearing (yes, i realize i am talking about a remote control "toy" and an animated character, but you should totally see the movies. all three of my boys loved it (though the 42 yr old and the 6 yr old love it a bit more than the 4 yr old who got a little bored once his popcorn was gone). now i want to rent Short Circuit so my boys can see it (i think they'd love it)

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:38am
post #20 of 20

I was asking some youger people this weekend about the similarities between short circuit and Wall-e and they didn't know who short circuit is! You can find Short Circuit in the 5$ walmart bin a lot.

I think your idea to make a box cake with just eyes peeking out is adorable. I haven't seen the movie yet but that idea seems really cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%