How To Use Lustre & Tint ?

Decorating By lenkacodling Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 12:07pm by snowshoe1

lenkacodling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenkacodling Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 4

..hello there,
can someone please give me an advice of how to correctly use edible dust to paint or cover little flowers made of rolled icing.
thank you.
xx

3 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:39am
post #2 of 4

For a glittery sheen use a soft short bristled paint or cosmetic brush, dip into the powder, tap off the excess and just brush on in a slight sweeping motion, or for a deeper sheen/colour mix a small amount of vodka with the dust and paint on with a regular artist paint brush.
HTH's icon_smile.gif

lenkacodling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenkacodling Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:48am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shola

For a glittery sheen use a soft short bristled paint or cosmetic brush, dip into the powder, tap off the excess and just brush on in a slight sweeping motion, or for a deeper sheen/colour mix a small amount of vodka with the dust and paint on with a regular artist paint brush.
HTH's icon_smile.gif

hello,
thank you I have been using vodka to that but it does take a lots of powder to cover one flower becouse vodka does evapurate quickly so I was wondering... icon_surprised.gif also my client wants this colours to be very strong vivid like fuchsia and there is a lots of flowers to do. Can I also mix this powdre into my rolled icing to cut them out already coloured mixed???
thank you for your time everyone.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 4

I would not recommend mixing the powder with fondant - it doesn't achieve the same effect as painting. Would suggest you use a paste color in the fondant close to what you want and then paint with your dust/vodka mixture. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%