How Do You Price Out A Wedding Cake

Decorating By srodts Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 8:04pm by vdrsolo

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 2

Ok here is the story, a very good friend of mine asked me to do a wedding cake for her friend at work. Its really a suprise for her mom from her stepdad. So i meet with them and he picked out a cake from the wilton 2003 yearbook with the fountain and the gazebo, it said it serves 156. Because I only do this as a hobby and I just started doing it I dont have a lot of stuff how do I charge them, do I do it by the serving and just buy the stuff out of my pocket or do I charge by the serving and charge them for the stuff also (ie. seperator plates, pillers, gazebo kit) and if so do I give them the stuff when the wedding is over? Please don't be to hard on me for charging and only doing this as a hobby. Someday when my girls (1 & 3) get in school maybe I will get a bakery off the side of my house but right now my girls come first, so please be gentle on me.
TIA

1 reply
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 2

I would charge per serving for the cake.

For the plates & pillars, charge a refundable security deposit equivalent to your replacement cost.

Charge an refundable security deposit for the Gazebo Kit and fountain equivalent to your replacement cost, PLUS a rental fee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%