Looking For A Piggy Design, Can You Help?

Decorating By belle714 Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 1:58pm by Shola

belle714 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter was born in Taiwan in 2007, the year of the golden pig.
I want to make a pink piggy cake for her 1st birthday, which is comig up and place a gold ribbon around it's neck or perhaps it's tail. I can't find a piggy design to save my life. I'm just not that creative. Can any of you help me out here?

4 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:52am
post #2 of 5

. . . maybe this will get your creative juices flowing . . . http://betalevel.com/engine/images/golden-pig.jpg

OCakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:16am
post #3 of 5

Do you happen to have a stand-up Winnie the Pooh pan? The piggy can be sitting-up...? Just a thought, I almost did a cake like that once. You could also use the Wilton "lamb" pan (not sure what it's really called - it's a lamb laying with it's legs tucked underneath) - I've changed this into a horse & a dog, you can make it a pig but would need to cut the body a bit shorter. The 3D duck/chicken pan could probably be used as well, cutting the end of the beack to make a flat snout & adding ears (& round the "tail end"!) I'm also assuming you're looking for a 3D cake design? If you're wanting a picture, maybe try a google search for images?

Shola Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 5

My daughter is year of the pig too! icon_smile.gif
I was looking and found some great cakes, this one looks a bit of a challenge but is lovely!

This one is soooooooo cute!

As is this one:

Do a search on Flickr for 'pig cake' and theres alot of good ones!

HTH's Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%