Trying To Find Out Where To Buy Stacking System....help!

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm by snowshoe1

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 9

I have a wedding coming up in about three weeks. Its square tiered and she wants each tier to sit different on top of the next, she doesnt want them to line up perfectly. She wants to have pole supports but short ones where gerbera daises can cover the hole/middle between each tier...where can I find poles/supporting/dowel system where the pole space between each tier is 2-4 inches? HELP! Thanks!

I have no clue where to start to look or buy! i am pretty new at all this stacking stuff!

8 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 9

I would try Oasis or Global Sugar Art web sites. I just ordered the sps system from Oasis and am waiting for it to arrive.

aprilcake Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:35am
post #3 of 9

when I go to those websites....i see all the stuff but get confused with it all and cant figure out exactly what I need...anyone willing to help walk me through ordering these things?

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 9

Hope this will add some insight (if not maybe contact leahs as she sent me some good instructions on how to use this stuff).

Determine how high each of your tiers will be - assume they are 3" high and you want a 1" space for your flower placement - I think you would order this:

http://globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21160 (they have 9" ones but I'm not sure the best method to cut these - but these would probably work best since you want a few inches between the cakes).

You will also need the plates according to the size of your cakes, for example:

http://globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21164

Again, I think it best you contact Leah as she seems to be the expert on these!

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 9

snowshoe1
I was looking into buying some also, I was wondering though. Who is Leah?
Dawn

snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawanka

snowshoe1
I was looking into buying some also, I was wondering though. Who is Leah?
Dawn

Leahs is a member on this site. If you search on SPS you will find alot of information she has posted. I'm not an expert on this system - but have used her directions for the system.

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks icon_lol.gif

aprilcake Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:33pm
post #8 of 9

thank you! I PM'd Leahs

snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 9

Aprilcake - if you have time will you let me know what she says. I'd like to know if this method will work and be sturdy enough for what you are trying to build! Thanks and best of luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%