Flowers On A Wedding Cake

Decorating By Cajah Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm by Cajah

Cajah Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 4

i need to know how long fresh flowers on a cake take to wilt. i need to know how long to put them on prior to the reception time. and i also need to know the names of flowers best use on a wedding cake. i don't want to use any and any kind of flowers and it is poisonous.

3 replies
Solecito Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 4

How long they stay fresh depends a lot on the temp., they keep longer if you use floral foam soaked in water with special preservatives you can get where you buy the flowers. I advice against putting flowers directly onto the cake, use floral foam on containers like "fresh flower holders" or "flower spikes" from wilton, the later are used w/o the foam just a little water.
As to a list of non poisonous flowers I can't help you there. Sorry.

indydebi Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 4

Fresh flowers were put on my cake in 90 degree heat, in August, outside in a tent, at 2 in the afternoon. They were still looking good at 7 o'clock that night. No floral foam, no little cylinders of water ... just fresh flowers laid on the cake, on the table around the cake. (they were roses).

Cajah Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for answering my questions, i surely appreciate it, i am going to try what you guys have told me. thanks much icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%