Iced Cookies For Baby Shower Favors

Baking By bonjoni Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:17am by linedancer

bonjoni Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 8

Could someone refer me to a recipe for cookie and the icing...I do cakes not cookies and my daughter wants some to give as favors at her baby shower. I would appreciate it greatly!

7 replies
MomLittr Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 8

My suggestion would be the no fail sugar cookies from this website. There is a tutorial on doing the cookies and the icing, which are both fabulous, also on this site. You wont' be disappointed

MomLittr Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 8

Here is the link:

Like I said, you will not be disappointed!

luv2cake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 8

I did cookies as favors for my baby shower. The guests loved it!
I used the No Fail Sugar Cookie (NFSC) recipe off of this site. I add extra flavorings though: 1tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. of orange extract.
Then I used royal icing flavored with those same extracts. As most will tell you, the NFSC recipe is great because it keeps it shape when baked and doesn't spread out into a blob in the oven.

Then I bundled them up into little gift bags and attached a note to each one, then tied with a ribbon. Here are 2 links to my cookies and favors that are on my website:

Hope this helps.

jessfmaldonado Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 8

I use the NFSC cookie recipe right here on CC. Its great. I used that for the cookies I have in my photos. I just cover them with Michele Foster's Fondant. I will include the links. Just put the fondant on the cookies while they are still warm, melts right onto the cookies. I used corn syrup the first time and was too messy for me.

sweetsbyJ Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 8

They came out so cute!! I think im going to try that recipe. I have to make some engagement party cookies in August. I may also try that fondant method, I ususally use RI its its can get messy..I tried cookie glaze (corn syrup method) and it was just waaayyy to messy, sticky, and the color was a litle off for me..the white looked yellow..

MomLittr Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:38am
post #7 of 8

Truthfully, I now prefer the fondant method of "icing" the cookies - looks so much more neater and can than use royal icing for the details.

linedancer Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:17am
post #8 of 8

I make the NFSC and use Rhonda's Ultimate MMF all the time. I usually bake the cookies one day and decorate them the next. The trick to using corn syrup is to thin it. It is too heavy straight out of the bottle. I use a half inch sable brush to brush it on. It adheres very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%