Question About Frostin Pride

Decorating By nhanifan Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 4:43am by miny

nhanifan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhanifan Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 7

I have an Ice Cream cake due on Saturday and I frost my Ice Cream cakes with Frostin Pride. So my client did not give me any idea on what she wanted on the cake other than Happy Birthday icon_rolleyes.gif so I was thinking of doing some generic decorations like presents and balloons. So my question is can I put small fondant decorations on top of the whipped topping? Will the colored fondant bleed? I would do it with the whipped topping but when ever I have colored it in the past the colors come out almost pastel colors. Any advice or suggestions would be great.

6 replies
nhanifan Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 7

bump. Would really like a response.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 7

Frostin Pride will 'set' and dry on the surface, so the fondant should not bleed. If you add moisture to stick the items on, then, yes it might bleed.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:36am
post #4 of 7

I work with this all the time and I can tell you from experience "this doesn't work well with fondant" it will make it soggy and chewy thumbsdown.gif

nhanifan Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 7

So can I use buttercream on Frotin pride?

nhanifan Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 7

Just another thought would colored piping gels work better? I just need somthing that I can work with fast since it is an Ice Cream cake.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:43am
post #7 of 7

You can color the frosting pride and work with it for the whole cake, if it is a big area that you are going to decorate or a lot of little decorations try to decorate a little bit and put it in the freezer for a while, take it out keep decorating and back to the freezer until you're finished. I'll tell you, it's more work but taste better than BC. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%