First 3D Figure

Decorating By mw902 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:37pm by martmarg

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone, I have my first real (paid for) cake this week and I tried a 3d figure for it and I was wondering if I could get some opinions and or advice?????? I really value your opinions here, Thanks so much!

Michelle

12 replies
martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 13

do you have pics of it?

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 13

First off - congrats on your first 3D order! SO exciting, isn't it?? =) What do you need to make? What do you need advice for - how to make? or what to charge? I'm fairly new to it myself, for the 3D carvings... I've done many a 3D Thomas the Train or Winnie the Pooh with Wilton stand-up pans... so, do you have a stand-up pan to work with, or will you be carving? Either way, use a good dense recipe, or at least a box mix which includes pudding in the mix (most do now). DH is good. Don't be afraid to use skewers or other support system, just tell the customer where they are & explain why they're necessary - and even draw them a little guide. I'm excited for you! I'll keep watching this one to make sure you get answers! =)

mw902 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 13

So sorry, thought I put the pic in, didn't work! I guess thats what that little preview button is for!!!!

Here is the link to my witch, thanks for the help guys!

[http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1236581&done=1/url]

mw902 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 13

So sorry, thought I put the pic in, didn't work! I guess thats what that little preview button is for!!!!

Here is the link to my witch, thanks for the help guys!

[http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1236581&done=1/url]

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 13
OCakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:22am
post #7 of 13

This whole time I thought you needed help MAKING it!! =) I think your witch is really cute/cool/awesome & great job! =) Her face definitely has character! =) I don't know what advice you're looking for, she turned out wonderfully! =)

mw902 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #8 of 13

Thanks for the help guys!!! Next time I ll just send you the post I WANT to make!!!LOL

So you are thinking it is okay? I am so not used to this whole doubting myself thing!

Thanks again!

Michelle

OCakes Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #9 of 13

You're an Artist - don't doubt yourself, she's great! =) (I know what you mean though, new things cause me to second-guess & doubt as well!)

mw902 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #10 of 13

Thank you Ocakes!!!! Very kind words!

martmarg Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:15pm
post #11 of 13

i think it looks good. I know what you mean by doubting yourself when it's your first. We usually have extremely higher expectations for ourselves. Don't worry you did a great job on you figure. I think it looks awesome

mw902 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #12 of 13

So my cake is done, thanks for all of your help guys! The pic is in my photos, I am working on figuring out how to put the pic in or at least the link! Thanks again to all of you!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

martmarg Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:37pm
post #13 of 13

you did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%