So, Who Watched Jeopardy Last Night 6/23, Monday?

Lounge By berryblondeboys Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm by MichelleM77

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 27

Because my husband was on and won! His name is Sven Sinclair... I'm a long time boardie who just doesn't post much these days, but thought I would pop on with the cake I made and his picture!

Here's a link to the cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1236452.html

He wanted the logo and his hand holding the buzzer.

Here's the link to his J! picture with Alex Trebek!

Image[/img]

26 replies
maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 27

No way, that is SO cool! We don't have a tv so I didn't see the show, but I watched Jeopardy years ago and am totally impressed with anyone who can compete like that. Hope your hubby keeps winning!!! and very cool cake, too!!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 27

Yay for DH!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 27

How cool! Congratulations!

Great cake!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 27

Great news, great cake! Welcome back to CC!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 27

That is so awesome! Congrats to you both!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 27

How awesome is that!!! Congratulations!!! And you cake is great!! ANd LOOKS delicious!!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #8 of 27

Wow, congrats to your husband! I'm sure he'll never forget his experience. icon_smile.gif

Good job on the cake.

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 27

I didnt see it last night, but I saw him on today! (tuesday) Wow!! I never watch Jeapordy either, just flipped through and stopped there for a while. Crazy!

Congrats!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:05pm
post #10 of 27

Wow! Congrats to your hubby! How much did he win?

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:45pm
post #11 of 27

I did see it last night! He seems like a really cool guy and smart too! Congrats! icon_smile.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:08pm
post #12 of 27

That is so cool - please tell him congratulations. I admire anyone who can answer all of those questions thumbs_up.gif

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #13 of 27

Very, very cool. I like the cake and it's neat that he won- though even getting on the show is impressive.

berryblondeboys Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #14 of 27

Thanks everyone. He lost his second game (though it was close), but his adrenaline didn't last and he basically lost the buzzer speed and then his brain fizzled on Final Jeopardy.

So, he won 28,000 and change on his first game (he couldn't lose unless he wagered poorly since he more than doubled his opponents scores) and got second place in his second game for a total of 30,000 and change (about 22,000 after taxes).

So... that was his life long dream--- all in one afternoon... but he's satisified and we celebrated it in style!

melissa

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #15 of 27

Congrats to your hubby and to you!!

sarahkate80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahkate80 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:37am
post #16 of 27

So do they film a few shows at once? That is SO cool, you should be very proud!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:09pm
post #17 of 27

Awesome! I remember seeing the Jeopardy set when I did Wheel of Fortune (this was in 2002). Do they tape the same way - a week's worth of shows in one day? A week of tapings would cover a month.

I bow down to him, I'd be a nervous wreck on that show. $22K is a nice chunk of change. thumbs_up.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:12pm
post #18 of 27

WOWOWOWOW My family and I watch that every night! How exciting for you and your family.

berryblondeboys Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #19 of 27

yes, a week of shows in one day. they actually tape in real time - the breaks are just commercial breaks with 15 minutes between shows.

He is pretty satisified with the result and now that the gal who beat him is at least a 3 day champ... he feels less bad about losing as he obviously was up against someone strong.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:08pm
post #20 of 27

This is so cool. I could never do that I would freeze like a scared bunny up there. Congrats to your DH!!! You must be so proud.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:33pm
post #21 of 27

Congratulations on the win!! thumbs_up.gif

I caught both shows. If I remember correctly, when you got married instead of taking his lastname, you both legally had it changed to Sinclair..had something to do with your favorite movie or actor...something like that icon_cool.gif

Small world....once again, congrats!

berryblondeboys Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:40pm
post #22 of 27

Yes, instead of changing to his or mine or hyphenating, we took a new last name from a Herman Hesse novel. It's DHs favorite book and one I read while we were verging on friends turning into something more and we just "got it" about this book so it seemed fitting. We both came up with that idea on our own too, so ti was perfect.

Melissa

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:53pm
post #23 of 27

I only caught part of one of the shows, would have made sure to catch the whole thing if I knew it was your hubby! So neat! Congratulations!!

We were eating dinner on the couch for a while (I know, bad habit) and we always watched Jeopardy (at least it was a bad habit that was educational!). It's kind of turned into a soft-of tradition to watch it as a family now, just as my family did when I was growing up. I'm amazed at what my 11yo son knows! Heck, I'm amazed at the answers I know sometimes! icon_smile.gif

berryblondeboys Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #24 of 27

wanna see what I got for my "reward" for helping him study and keep score for the show? Totally not practical, but hey... I can say my DH won it for me on Jeopardy:

I have been looking for a LONG TIME for a bag that kind of has a cake theme, but not anything cutesy... then I found this and waited... and now it's mine! Just came in the mail today...

Melissa

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #25 of 27

OMG that is sooo cute! It's patterned, but you don't really notice what it is unless you look carefully. Okay, spill the beans.....where did you get it?

berryblondeboys Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #26 of 27

It's Johnny Cupcakes... ALLL of his stuff is a bit edgy and most of it cupcake themed. I love it... EXPENSIVE, but hey.... it's not any more (and less) than a coach bag and is more me, obviously.... cake lady that I am. and I tend to love a retro look... I love the "tassles" that are really two oven mitts... OMG I love it.

Melissa

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm
post #27 of 27

Ohhhh I found it. You lucky gal, you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%