Question About Lorann Flavor

Decorating By Kaiah723 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm by Ironbaker

Kaiah723 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 7

I am browsing through fondantsource.com and came upon LorAnn flavorings. I was wondering how these are used. Can I put them in a boxed cake mix or do I need to make a cake from scratch? Are there directions that come with them? My daughters b-day is coming up and I would like to make something a lil bit different. Thanks in advance!!

6 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 7

I've used the Lorann oils and emulsions in boxed cake mixes to enhance flavors (also used in buttercream and cookies).

I've never received any instructions with the product but they do have recipes on their website:

https://www.lorannoils.com/c-2-lorann-gourmet.aspx

foxymomma521 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

what site are you on? Try spacing it out instead of writing out the website.... I recently bought the LoRann's cheesecake flavoring, and it is out of this world in buttercream! I also added it to a mousse filling, and everyone thought it was excellent icon_smile.gif

awolf24 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 7

You can add them to anything...I once added some raspberry to plain iced tea (worked well). They are very concentrated so you only need a few drops or like 1/8 t at a time.

Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 7

I have to just say...

Image x 199 million trillion gazillon google infinity and beyond.

That's the first time I've seen SC's name blocked... *gasps for air from laughing*

"TRY GLOBALSUGARART.COM for the best prices of fondant and gumpaste" shows up instead of HER business name & url...
PRICELESS!!!!!!

*GASPS FOR MORE AIR FROM HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER*

awolf24 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 7

Isn't that great!! I laughed too! (maybe not as much as you....I'm trying to be discreet at work...) icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 7

I just cracked up too. That's the first time I've seen it blocked like that. I'm with you - ImageImage

Lorann oils are great. You usually only need a few drops, some may need more. For cake batters, I add about 5-6 drops, depending on the flavor. For BC, I use about 3-4, maybe more - again, depending on the flavor. It is possible to overdo it. Believe me.

I've tried the cheesecake, champagne, bavarian cream, orange, banana, strawberry, keoke and amaretto.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%