Newbie Needs Some Help From Cc

Business By skaggs1 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm by lilyanddayne

skaggs1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 5

Okay so I was walking down the street yesterday and a lady was outside her store front washing the window's and I stopped and was talking to her about the weather and so on and so forth, then I mentioned to her that I was now decorating cake's and she was instantley thrilled!! Now she want's me to start doing cookies, cake's, and cupcakes for her to put in her shop (which is a meat market, deli, etc. and they have a nice sized lunch crowd) she said she wants to start out with small order's to see how well it will do with her lunch crowd and have something that will go over well with the kids. Right now she's wanting just some simple cupcakes, cookie's with no deco, and small cake's to serve by the slice. Since I have never done this kind of account yet I have several questions. Pricing I have no idea what to charge for the cookies or cupcakes. The cake's I pretty much know what to charge. And do I need a contract with her? Should I charge her a delivery fee it's only 8 miles away from me.
She said I can put my buisness cards there and flyer's and she would let people know where she get's her baked good from, so that would be reaching alot more people that I would'nt normally be reaching.
And I'm sure that there's probably more that I need to know. So if anyone can help guide me thru this it would be greatly appriciated!!! And hopefully this will be a good account for me to have!!!

4 replies
ccr03 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 5

First, welcome to CC!!!

Second, are you legal? If not, I would hesitate entering into any type of deal.

skaggs1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 5

yes I am all legal and ready to go!!icon_smile.gif

skaggs1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 5

yes I am all legal and ready to go!!icon_smile.gif

lilyanddayne Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

make sure you have insurance to protect yourself and go for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%