Can I Use Batter Refrigerated Over Night??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 6:16pm by Cakepro

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 10

I have about 2 cups of batter leftover from yesterdays baking..I put it in the fridge but I would like to know if it is still okay to use or throw it out.I hate to waste!!

Laurel icon_wink.gif

9 replies
tippyad Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #2 of 10

Since you posted this on Tuesday I'm sure you've figured it out by now.

I'm no expert, but I'd probably say no. Once you add wet ingredients to dry ingredients you need to bake it immediately. If it's from a box I'd call the company to find out.

indydebi Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 10

I keep batter in the 'frig for days ... bakes up fine. I'm a mix baker.

tippyad Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 10

indydebi, good to know.

karensue Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 10

I've baked refrigerated batter, too, with no problem.

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 10

I've already frozen leftover batter, then used it.

I poured the leftovers into a Ziploc bag (only brand I use) and froze it solid. When I went to use it, I prepared the pan, then placed the frozen block of batter directly into the pan. When it was completely defrosted, it had spread completely level in the pan, then put it in the hot oven and baked it off. The batter was still very cold at the time.

It took an extra 15 minutes to bake through, but the taste and texture was exactly the same as a freshly made batter.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 10

baked one last night from batter left over from last week's baking frenzy. The cake top (after leveling) was just fine. I couldn't tell a difference at all. I think that as long as you seal it up well, you're good to go. icon_smile.gif

Dixiegal01 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:31pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I've already frozen leftover batter, then used it.

I poured the leftovers into a Ziploc bag (only brand I use) and froze it solid. When I went to use it, I prepared the pan, then placed the frozen block of batter directly into the pan. When it was completely defrosted, it had spread completely level in the pan, then put it in the hot oven and baked it off. The batter was still very cold at the time.

It took an extra 15 minutes to bake through, but the taste and texture was exactly the same as a freshly made batter.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I've used refrigerated batter before but never frozen....this is great to know.....sometimes I'm just way to slow icon_redface.gif

tenleysmommy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 10

I refridgerated some batter last night(started to feel punk so went to bed)and baked it up this morning and it was great icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:16pm
post #10 of 10

Wow, I've baked refrigerated, leftover batter but have never thought of freezing it. Great to know! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%