? Baking A Carrot Cake In A Bundt Pan

Decorating By pamconn Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:39pm by Petit-four

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #1 of 4

Can a carrot cake recipe be baked in a bundt pan? My recipe for it is very moist and I've just always made it in a 9x13, but I would like to try it, any suggestions?

3 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:14am
post #2 of 4

Be very careful!
Since carrot cake is so darn moist it sticks in those crevices like crazy! I always have the worst luck no matter how well I grease or grease/flour the pan, plus too much and you get that icky layer of floury grease...

If your bundt pan is newer and well coated you will have better luck I bet, than me and my antique pans...icon_smile.gif

I do like making it in a tube pan though, and then making some fun decoration (like carrot tops) for the center hole.

It CAN be done though, I am sure!

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you. I've been wondering if it would just fall apart when it came out. I might make a back up cake just in case.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 4

One trick that might help is lower your oven rack slightly -- maybe one notch down. This puts the bundt pan closer to the heat source, and allows a nice crust to form that will come out of the pan easily, but it won't be dry because a bundt cake retains a lot of moisture.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%