Tip Cases - Is There Anything Bigger??

Decorating By itsmylife Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 12:48pm by Molly2

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:41am
post #1 of 7

Hello!

Does anyone know if there are any tip saver cases that are larger than the Wilton large size?

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30B72E-475A-BAC0-5D28813156057463&fid=3E33261B-475A-BAC0-54380164EF3B2545

I have a couple of the Wilton large size, and I need to replace them since they are about 10 years old now, and I thought that in all this time SOMEone would have made one that holds more tips.... but I can't find anything bigger than that Wilton one. I would like to get all of my tips in one case.

If there is nothing larger...... for those of you with lots of tips... do you use anything else other than those cases?

Thanx!
Denise

6 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #2 of 7

I use a screw organizer icon_smile.gif that hangs on the wall in my pantry icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 7

Christi

Thats what I'm going to get me next I already have the big tool chest with all my stuff in it and I've been looking at the screw organizer

Molly

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:07am
post #4 of 7

I use a thread rack. I have it mounted on my wall, and used a Sharpie to label the numbers of the tips on it. I have seen the smaller ones at Wal-Mart (I bought the ones that hold 100 spools online).

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

Not only do I use that screw organizer for tips.. but I got another one with 40 little drawers for luster, petal, pixie, shimmer and pearl dusts icon_smile.gif

Brandi I thought of that.. icon_sad.gif Darnit LOL

Didn't think it would work.. but it makes lots of sense!!! But what about dust?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:36am
post #6 of 7

This ( http://sewtrue.com/Store/June-Tailor-Mega-Rack-P528.html ) is the one I have... I just screwed it directly into the wall.

As for dusts, I have one of those sterlite containers with 3 drawers to keep them in, and put those little dot stickers on the tops so I can label the top of them and not have to hunt for the color I need (write on the dot before you put it on - much easier).

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 7

I have a thread rack in my closet I need to dig that out Thanks for the tip

Molly2 icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%