Colette Peters And Nick Lodge In Nashville...

Decorating By kuki Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm by mkolmar

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:22am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone will be going to take classes with Nick Lodge and Colette Peters in Nashville ??? I wonder if this will be worth it for me .. I don't have a bussines or sell cakes i just make it because is my hobby.. sometime in the future I will love to have a bakery or something like that..

7 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:25am
post #2 of 8

It is a wonderful learning experience. I look at it as continuing education, expanding my horizons. If you can afford it, I would do it.

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:28am
post #3 of 8

When is it? I would like to look into it.

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:30am
post #4 of 8

I would love to go but unfortunately i believe when I looked online it was costing around $1,000. That is just not in the budget right now -or anytime soon to be truthful. icon_sad.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:30am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuki

Does anyone will be going to take classes with Nick Lodge and Colette Peters in Nashville ??? I wonder if this will be worth it for me .. I don't have a bussines or sell cakes i just make it because is my hobby.. sometime in the future I will love to have a bakery or something like that..

It is actually a great opportunity.. 2 1/2 days with Nick and 2 1/2 days with Colette, plus access to all the World Pastry Competition events, demos, goodies, etc.... I would love to go...... still debating that tuition thing.......... icon_rolleyes.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:33am
post #6 of 8

If I could afford it I would SO be there. I decided it was not time to sell one of the kids on Ebay to pay for it...so I'm hoping to volunteer instead. thumbs_up.gif

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #7 of 8

It is on Aug. 26 to 30 in the Opryland Hotel.. It cost $ 2000.00 for the classes hands-on ... my DH it's so nice he support me to go and learn more...I am so Bless to have him..

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm
post #8 of 8

I'm signed up for the class and will be for sure going. It's $2,000 for the cake decorating class and you have to fill out an application and be accepted into the class. Nicholas starts the class out with gumpaste flowers and Colette will finish it with showing how to decorate a wedding cake with using them.
This class when I signed up last month was already slightly over 50% full so don't take too long trying to decide. (then again $2000 is steep and they may have had some people drop already)
I'm not staying at the GrandOpry hotel though, I'm going to look for a much cheaper hotel. My mom may be going with me since it's a good drive, but won't be taking the class.

The chocolate class sounds really good too. I was torn between the two when I decided on the cake class.

If you decide to go PM me so I can meet you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%