Disney Cars Chick Hicks

Decorating By Melan Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:37am by debrab

Melan Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

My son was very specific with his 4th birthday cake instructions! He wants Chick Hicks, from Disney's Cars movie. Is anyone able to give me an idea of how to achieve this? He wants it to look like the car, I'll attach a pic. I thought about doing Wilton's 3D pan of a car, but the one pan I have found is too round, I think it's called 3D cruiser(could be wrong though). Chick Hicks is pretty boxy. Any ideas? Birthday is this weekend...

4 replies
Melan Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:13am
post #2 of 5

Oops, let me try again...

Hmmm... wont let me do it.

If you think you could help and need to see a picture, just google Chick Hicks...

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

PennieK Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:18am
post #3 of 5

I feel sorry for you-there is a LOT of detail on that car.

Have you done any carving? I would probally stack a couple 9x13s and carve the shape out of that.

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Melan Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:22am
post #4 of 5

Yeah, a lot of detail icon_sad.gif but I am definately willing to try. I have never carved a cake, not sure if I am ready for that. That is why I like the idea of the 3D pan. Hopefully someone will have an idea. If not, I'll just figure something else out. Thanks!

debrab Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:37am
post #5 of 5

I was scared the first time I stacked cake and started carving, but once you start, it is pretty cool to see it turn into something. You can do it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%