What Would You Do? No Kids... Time On Hands..

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm by wgoat5

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:03pm
post #61 of 85

3 weeks w/o the kids? WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm sooooooooooooo jealous! Oh my goodness, after getting over the shock and bordom at first, hmm, let me think.

1. Clean the house once...and enjoy that it's actually staying that way! icon_biggrin.gif

2. Go to the mall and try on some bras w/o having to take the carriage/ stroller in the changing room w/ me. icon_rolleyes.gif

3. Finish a meal

4. Get some "rest" my hubby w/o someone interupting! icon_twisted.gificon_wink.gif

I'm sure I could think of more, but I have to admit. I probably wouldn't get any decorating done unless I had an order coming up. Time w/o the kids is so rare! I would do everything I wouldn'tnormally get to do when they're home. I LOVE my kids, but man do I need a vacation! icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:05pm
post #62 of 85

Here's an idea for you, Christi.............I can send my three over to visit you for two weeks!! Hey, I'll even supply the diapers for Carina (seems she just doesn't want to go on the potty). thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:06pm
post #63 of 85

yourstrulytx.. YOUR SO FUNNY !!!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:06pm
post #64 of 85

What about doing some hot sugar work? (And no, that is not a veiled reference to "Honeymoon sex"!)

There is a tutorial on making sugar bottles somewhere on Cake Central, and I keep thinking I'd like to try that. But it's slightly dangerous due to the hot sugar, so I would think it would be a no-no with kiddies around....

yummymummy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm
post #65 of 85

endymion wrote:

"What about doing some hot sugar work? (And no, that is not a veiled reference to "Honeymoon sex"!) "

It's NOT!! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif Are you sure? My dh would say nay nay! icon_lol.gif

I like sugar plum fairy's idea! I'll send you my 5 kids as well and ya'll can have a party while we relax! icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:16pm
post #66 of 85

tee hee! "C'mon, kiddies. Time to go visit Auntie Christi in Kentucky! Don't worry, you'll still get your daily cake intake!" icon_lol.gif

Now I can work on sorting out and straightening up all my cake paraphanelia! Woo Hoo

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #67 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy

2. Go to the mall and try on some bras w/o having to take the carriage/ stroller in the changing room w/ me. icon_rolleyes.gif

And not have to answer the questions, whats a bra, why do you wear a bra, why do you have boobies and I don't, does a bra hurt, why can't boys wear a bra, I want a bra?
And not have to say "don't touch the bra's, don't climb in the clothes rack, don't go under the stall door"
Not have to apologize to the lady in the room next to you for your peeping toms and not have to run through the store in nothing but a bra with the price tag flapping inthe wind to chase down the escape artist that thought it was a great idea to take your car keys and bolt for the food court.

Kids you gotta love em'.... no really its the law icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #68 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy

And not have to answer the questions, whats a bra, why do you wear a bra, why do you have boobies and I don't, does a bra hurt, why can't boys wear a bra, I want a bra?
And not have to say "don't touch the bra's, don't climb in the clothes rack, don't go under the stall door"
Not have to apologize to the lady in the room next to you for your peeping toms and not have to run through the store in nothing but a bra with the price tag flapping inthe wind to chase down the escape artist that thought it was a great idea to take your car keys and bolt for the food court.

Kids you gotta love em'.... no really its the law icon_lol.gif

ROTFLMAO

In what state [is it law]? I'll avoid it. lol icon_lol.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:07pm
post #69 of 85

I think you should practice your tiered wedding cakes.......

Morphogirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morphogirl Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #70 of 85

I just had to say you are all hilarious and thank you for the great laugh I just had! I really needed it and can totally relate.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #71 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

messybaker, those are beautiful shoes... but I didn't see a template for them.. just the link for the patchwork cutters icon_confused.gif

Sorry, it took me so long to respond.......you people talk fast!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Here is the link to the template. It is in sillyoldbear's personal photos.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=443553

And in case anyone missed it, here are the finished shoes again.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=347243

They say they used a mold for the heel, but I can't find anything like that anywhere!

HTH, MessyBaker

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:45pm
post #72 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

I think you should practice your tiered wedding cakes.......

There you go Christy. icon_wink.gif .....this is the perfect time to get over your fear of tiered cakes. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm
post #73 of 85

Ok .. Day 1 icon_smile.gif .. first of all I wouldn't of gotten up early if oldest DD didn't call and tell me she didn't want to go now LOL icon_sad.gif GRRRRRRR .. Then I get up make coffee and wait on DH who just worked 14 hours to get dressed to go get her at 5:00 in the morning... THEN receive a phone call AFTER 2 cups of coffee that she IS going LMAO GRRRR

Got DH off to work and layed out (looking like a white ghost) by the pool from 8:30 till ohh about 2 hours ago .. Kept telling my cousin that the planes above me where gonna think I was a landing strip LOL... NOW... I am fully bathed LONG hot bath.. OUCH cause I'm burnt but FULLY enjoyed it... even shaved my legs LMAO ... (found 2 that were about 2inches long a piece LOL) ... NOW I am making coffee again cause I'm all watered out.. not making dinner.. not telling the kids not to leave the door open AND I am relaxing.......... zzzzzzzzz icon_smile.gif

That is day 1 so far icon_smile.gif

Ohh and by the way... already did the honeymoon thing icon_wink.gif SOOO with that out of the way I have 2 weeks and 6 days left to do what I .. ME.. .MYSELF .. want LOL

icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm
post #74 of 85

wgoat5..Ohh and by the way... already did the honeymoon thing SOOO with that out of the way I have 2 weeks and 6 days left to do what I .. ME.. .MYSELF .. want LOL!!! YEP GET THAT CRAP OUT OF THE WAY AND THE REST OF THE TIME IS YOURS!!!

wgoat5 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm
post #75 of 85

LMAO icon_biggrin.gif

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #76 of 85

OMG!!!! This is the best laugh I have had all day. I am STILL at work and just had to see what was going on. My coworkers think I have lost my marbles because I am sitting in the lab, at my lap top laughing hysterically, almost fell off the lab stool. I don't know how any of you with little kids get anything done, mine are all grown and were out of the house but since I forgot to buy that motor home they found us and are coming back. Oh I love them to death but I think they will be the death of me. They revert right back to kids who don't remember how to do anything ie: laundry, picking up shoes, clothes, dirty wet towels. blah blah blah. Oh well, Christy I am so glad you got to relax, I guess no planes tried to land on you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I am looking forward to this weekend, my DH is going to Tampa to a football camp with some of his players and I can do WHATEVER I WANT FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Yeah we will celebrate our 28th wedding anniv this Saturday while he is gone icon_rolleyes.gif I think I might do something interesting maybe a tatoo(sp) that ought to get a rise out of him when he gets back icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif OH well gotta go check out tattoo pics icon_biggrin.gif

Melanie

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:57pm
post #77 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

wgoat5..Ohh and by the way... already did the honeymoon thing SOOO with that out of the way I have 2 weeks and 6 days left to do what I .. ME.. .MYSELF .. want LOL!!! YEP GET THAT CRAP OUT OF THE WAY AND THE REST OF THE TIME IS YOURS!!!

See us girls think that way! But honey, I think you have created a monster! That poor man won't be able to think about anything else for three weeks!!!

As my hubby and Ray Barone say, "You can't stop now, you're started the launch sequence!"

Enjoy the rest of day one! icon_wink.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:36pm
post #78 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok .. Day 1 icon_smile.gif .. Ohh and by the way... already did the honeymoon thing icon_wink.gif SOOO with that out of the way I have 2 weeks and 6 days left to do what I .. ME.. .MYSELF .. want LOLicon_smile.gif

See, you can actually check off another thing on your list.......that "honeymoon thing" counts as exercise, too! So you got your workout in there as well! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

yummymummy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:40pm
post #79 of 85

Yup, I hate to tell ya Cristy, but you're doomed! Your dh has had it, and now you can't use the kids as an excuse!....Oh and by the way, if I see a new thread in ...oh...6 weeks or so w/ the title "OMG! I Can't believe this!"... Then we'll all know we need to be planning a CC babyshower cake in the near future! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:08pm
post #80 of 85

LOL you all are HILARIOUS icon_smile.gif

YummyMummy:

No NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO

BIG F A T NO can't have NO NO NO

MORE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took care of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif LOL

Hey Meloda.. that's another one to put on the list TATOO of a big ole cake LOL

Messy... LMAO you are HILARIOUS my friend... launch sequence has failed many times LMAO AND it WILL this time also icon_smile.gif

Grace LOL ... Nope NO NO NO NO that is what I say to that word.. YUCK... LMAO Didn't you know that the new body look is: "Is that her front side or her back side?" !!!!!!! LOL

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:42am
post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

when I have spare time (hahah!) I go to the florist and pickout a flower I think is pretty and take it home and tear it apart and make it in gumpaste.

OH, I have this plan to use a stencil and scrape RI onto fondant. I bought the stencil... now to get rid of the kids...

(lol)!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif i do the same thing...and i thought i was the only weird one! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:09am
post #82 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

when I have spare time (hahah!) I go to the florist and pickout a flower I think is pretty and take it home and tear it apart and make it in gumpaste.

OH, I have this plan to use a stencil and scrape RI onto fondant. I bought the stencil... now to get rid of the kids...

(lol)!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif i do the same thing...and i thought i was the only weird one! icon_biggrin.gif

Diane, that's how Marthojo1 and I got to 'know' eachother from this site. I was trying to figure out how to make gp sweet peas and I've never seen one before and she was nice enough to go to her garden and tear one apart for me and photograph it's 'mutilation' along the way and post the photos here for me to see. That's one reason I picked her for our TD last month and she accepted.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #83 of 85

how cool is that! icon_biggrin.gif did you make the flower??? i would love to see it! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #84 of 85

Psssst don't boil sugar while running naked. icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #85 of 85

LMAO... done that mike OUCH LMAO

Or fry bacon nekkid icon_sad.gif LMAO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%