A Vent To Moms Of Kids 6 & Under

Lounge By imagine76 Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 12:31am by indydebi

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #1 of 35

ok. i just need to take a moment from the 2000 loads of laundry (alright so it's gotten away from me a little) and say that if i have to say "get off of that", "put it away please", or "leave him alone" OR watch 5 more minutes of wow wow wubzy i'm going to punch myself in the face. icon_cry.gif

only about 20 minutes until bed time icon_rolleyes.gif . this might be a good night for a cocktail. thumbs_up.gif

thanks for allowing the vent.

jen

34 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 35

LOL...I'm with you on this one.

I actually missed my daughter while she was in kindergarten...now I'm counting the days until I can send her little butt back!!!

And I'm behind on laundry too because my DH (which doesn't stand for Dear Husband at this moment in time) bought a huge inflatable pool and put it on the patio, so in order to get to the washer and dryer, I have to...no kidding...wade through the kids pool!!!!!!

And the things I have to tell the kids are getting more and more extreme..."stop carrying your sister around by the arm" "please wash the paint off and put real clothes on instead" and my 3 year old is standing there saying, "no I didn't bite her" when my 6 year old has a perfect set of toothmarks on her butt!!!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:12am
post #3 of 35

I'd like to tell you that they get better after the age of 6 but I can't. I have a 5 year old and a 9 year old and I'm constantly yelling at both of them.

I have many days when I start counting the hours until bedtime.

imagine76 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:42am
post #4 of 35

yeah, god made 'em cute for a reason. i love the painted clothing idea though! (i'm an art teacher!)

i swear, someone snuck in and gave them all espresso today. the middle one is running around the house like a striped a$$ baboon. he's my little guy who's a total liar face. we have lots of similar stories about the biting too with that one.

my 6 year old i busted sucking frosting straight outta the piping bag tonight. just as she was reaching for a different color i walked into the kitchen. does she think they're different flavors?

i had planned on putting them to bed a half an hour early and didn't make it.

i'm well into my second cocktail now and feeling much better about the whole deal!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 35

im so sorry but i laughed out loud while reading this post, my kids were nuts yesterday too. lets see i finally got to bathe our dog but while i was in their drying her(took all of 5 minutes) my 19 mth old managed to get a Sharpie off the computer desk and color the bathroom door, a wall in her room, her dresser, and herself, alot, i would have loved paint instead of marker yesterday, oh did i mention our house isnt even a year old yet, i managed to get it off the door and the wall, mostly, but the kid appears to be stained, its a good thing i only take them places on the weekend. I also took the dog out to pee yesterday and when i came back my 3yr old and the 19mth old were playing with dirty ladles and spatulas out of the dishwasher, i walked in the door and was greeted with HI Ya! Thanks Backyardigans(episode where they protect the the pies from the ninjas, they use ladles and sing "hi ya like a samurai who makes pie"). Well i know at least a dozen more things happened yesterday tht made me think i was gonna snap, todays been better though, so far.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 35

My kids are having a whining/crybaby contset today. Unfortunately, I believe the 5 yr old is winning. Of course, my dh is on his third "guys trip" in three months, so I get to have the pleasure of their whining all to myself.

I would like to know why McDonalds makes their toys the perfect size to clog a toilet. In the last year, we've spent over $400 on plumbers.

imagine76 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 35

you guys are cracking me up! and making me feel much more normal icon_lol.gif

i just got my little guys(2 & 4) down for a nap. my aunt took my daughter (6) to omaha and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon! now if i could get someone to take the boys, including my husband icon_rolleyes.gif

sweetpea8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea8 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 35

omg... this post is cracking me up!
i have a 2 year old and one on the way so this is giving me a taste of what i'm in for.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 35

LOL! I needed this today!! I sooo feel so much better (not that I wish this on anyone, just feel better knowing I'm not alone!!) I have three and only one is under 6 now (18 dd, 8 ds and 5 dd). I hate to tell you all but it doesn't change!!! The yelling is just for different reasons!! icon_lol.gif Sure I made everyones day with that! But just wanted to say thanks for cheering me up and you all aren't alone!! Big ((Hugs))

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 35

This post is funny.... i have a just turned 3 yr old and a 3 week old, I cant tell you how well the time stuff, in the middle of feeding the baby a bottle (or changing a poop diaper) and I hear MOM I have to go potty (which he has been potty trained for 8 months now so why does he still insist on all the help, even just for a pee!)............then I baby-sit my 6 1/2 year old niece, and a friend brought her 17 month old over today........just imagine what my house looks like!

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:26am
post #11 of 35

LOL! I love this post because, well, misery loves company right? Kaylee turned 6 on June 10th and I swear instead of acting another year older she is acting 3 yrs younger. I am constantly having to say: "What is in your mouth?, Stop jumping from the couch to the recliner!!", "No you may NOT try to ride the dog!!" I swear I'm afraid to have a cocktail because once I started I don't think I could stop! LOL

We went to the fair tonight and on the way home she started crying because I would not allow her to stay at her cousins house. I was tired and hot and mad and said "I just spent all the money at the fair and this is how you repay me" (Silly thing to say I know). She got all serious and said "I'm not paying you right now but I'll pay you tomorrow, with real money!" icon_rolleyes.gif

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:14am
post #12 of 35

ROFLMAO!! Oh the memories! Uncle. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. tears are streaming down my face. And Vanna 1487, all I can say is; " You wanna make pies? " "I wanna make pies." "I see it in your eyes." "I wanna make pies." I know that one by heart! from my grandkid. My husband has requested I stop singing it. When I ws raising my 2. I must have been the designated "sitter". It was nothing for me to have at least 5 kids EVERYDAY. My own 2. My oldest sisters 3 almost every day. No pay. (She worked. Don't you love when what you do doesn't count as work?) Sometimes my other sisters 2 when she came in and wanted to go out. We have a small 2 bedroom. You do the math. Sometimes my eyes felt they were going in different directions by the time I went to bed. My sil got mad at me one time because I "let" my kids give kermit a swim in their fishtank. Oh, yeah, I signed him up for lessons. lol. They are grown and gone with kids of their own, now. And I'd give anything to have back just one of those days. ummm... maybe not. lol.

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:23am
post #13 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1487

my 19 mth old managed to get a Sharpie off the computer desk and color the bathroom door, a wall in her room, her dresser, and herself, alot, i would have loved paint instead of marker yesterday, oh did i mention our house isnt even a year old yet, i managed to get it off the door and the wall, mostly, but the kid appears to be stained, its a good thing i only take them places on the weekend.

Sounds like you got it all...but if anything still has Sharpie, you can go over it with a dry erase marker and then wipe it off and the sharpie will wipe off too...works on a lot of surfaces, try a small area first. When we got our flat computer monitor, back when they were still new enough to be pricey, my daughter took a sharpie and scribbled all over it, the desk, the chair, the phone, the lamp and the mouse.

waywordz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 8:12am
post #14 of 35

Forgot to tell you. Alcohol works really well at removing permanent marker. I ran across a tip that hairspray works but, come to find out it was the alcohol. Heloise might have other tips, if its set too long.

VannaD Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #15 of 35

i knew alcohol would take it off so thats what i used, it also took some of the paint off the wall, stupid flat paint!! Thanks guys for the tips though.

Oh and to all of you who are babysitting dont even get me started on that, im glad im not the only one who ppl ask to watch their kids, i dont know wht it is about ppl just b/c i stay at home doesnt mean i sit on my butt all day and do nothing, im busy too, and no i will not watch your bratts. in september my friend asked if i could watch her 2.5 yr old daughter, once a week for 6 weeks, i agreed to do it for free, i was helping them out of a finacial bind and it would be like a playdate, right? Wrong! I knew the kid was um.... difficult, but woah. Oh and talk about being taken advantage of, by the end of Oct i was watching her 2x a week so i ask one day when her last day of work would be and shes decided to work until December icon_eek.gif ! she didnt think she needed to mention it to me, she knew i wouldnt mind, yeah her words! Luckily when we moved at the end of Nov it was out of her way to bring the kid to me, Wa HOo! I know this is long but i need to finish she has new baby in Dec, decides to buy newcar, but will have to go back to work, I told her no way im watching 2 kids i have my own 2, she lines up the grandmas but about a month ago she calls and wants to know if im sure i cant watch them, 5 days a week and she'll pay me a little, i told her i couldnt without even thinking about it, no way!!! Then my SIL asked me the other day if i could watch her DD while she works, for the summer, nope, sorry! My thinking is if i could find free childcare id be working too, i cant so i stay home with my girls, if these ppl cant afford daycare then dont buy a new car that comes with a new note. Ok im done but though of ppl thinking of me as their personal nanny, just because i stay home, makes me MAD icon_evil.gif

ThreePrinces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreePrinces Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:18pm
post #16 of 35

Is there something in the air?

My almost 4 year old has been such a beast lately that I am ready to sell him to gypsies. Oy. He's so LOUD..all of the time...does he not know that there is a volume of voice other than "ear piercing"?

I actually do think they get better...my 7 year old is an angel, but then again he always has been.

waywordz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:23pm
post #17 of 35

Vanna1487 said:
wht it is about ppl just b/c i stay at home doesnt mean i sit on my butt all day and do nothing, im busy too

My DS actually asked me to drive and go do an errand for her once and prefaced it with: "Since you're not doing anything and are at home." When I answered the phone with "Hello."
Excuse me. I had my 2 kids and her 2 kids. Yeah. I guess her x-ray vision spotted me on the couch eating bon bons! Like all sah moms do!
Don't get me started either. But, it's true about what goes around comes around, karma thing. She has a housefull of grandkids that keep her busy. She called me one day and apologized. And that she never realized what I had done for her. (For No charge.) Only took her 20 years to figure it out.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:11am
post #18 of 35

Hee hee...right there with you. My older two (15 and 11) only want to talk to me when I am busy, and the younger two (5 and 2) won't GET OFF ME! In fact, the 2 year old (3 in September), won't stop climbing on me, grabbing my boobies and demanding to NURSE ME NOW! Um, if you are old enough to put in an order you are old enough to GET OFF ME!!!

Sigh...sometimes I think my mom was right...sex IS bad!!! icon_smile.gif

waywordz Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:21am
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Hee hee...right there with you. My older two (15 and 11) only want to talk to me when I am busy, and the younger two (5 and 2) won't GET OFF ME! In fact, the 2 year old (3 in September), won't stop climbing on me, grabbing my boobies and demanding to NURSE ME NOW! Um, if you are old enough to put in an order you are old enough to GET OFF ME!!!

Sigh...sometimes I think my mom was right...sex IS bad!!! icon_smile.gif

ROFLMAO!

imagine76 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:52am
post #20 of 35

ok, so today was our 9th anniversary and i had to clean up vomit twice. my poor little guy was not reeking havoc today so i should've known something was up. when he started wheezing i took him to the dr. with only 15 minutes to spare he barfs half way to the office. so i debated whether to just clean him up the best i could or take him home. i took him home and good thing i did it was everywhere! so i changed him wiped him down and DH switched my car seat with his. after getting the "just a nasty cold" response from the dr. i took him home only for him to up chuck again! good grief! he let one more go at my mom while DH and i were out for a romantical dinner where we didn't have to yell at anyone, cut anyone else's meat, or wipe pickle puke off anyone. i hope it's all done and most of all, the other 2 don't get sick too!

my grandma had 7 kids plus one hubby (really more like an 8th kid) all get the mumps ONE AT A TIME! guess i should thank my lucky stars huh?!

also, god bless you lisa for nursing so long -i reclaimed my hoots when the babies were 10 months!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine76

also, god bless you lisa for nursing so long -i reclaimed my hoots when the babies were 10 months!

<snicker> It was not intentional...in fact, I was not successful nursing my three older ones. I tried to wean Gabby when she was 14 months old and I had surgery. I did not nurse her for 4 days and thought I was home-free. Um, no. When she finally saw me, she cried and cried, so I broke down and nursed her. After about five minutes she stops nursing, looks up at me with her pitiful little tear-stained face, pats my boobie, and says, "Momma. Nurse. HAPPY"! I vowed then and there to go as long as she wanted. I am such a sap.

Poor you with the sick kid!

My three siblings and dad and I all had chicken pox at the same time...it was not fun in our house for awhile. My poor mother!!! (Dad was the worst baby of all, though...)

waywordz Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:51am
post #22 of 35

Ok. I got engorged after not feeding my 3week old for ? 2 feedings, maybe. It was such a horrible experience I said never again. (And yea! you, by the way. There's still a lot of pressure, if you don't you're selfish, if you do a lot of people still have hangups on where and how you can do it. IMHO good for you, any you can. But, I had a lot of guilt and felt like I must've done something wrong with the way I was doing it. Now, I really think that.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:52am
post #23 of 35

I hear ya. But these are the memories! These are days that we'll want back.

Anyway, I am a SAHM of a 6 mon. old, special needs 2 y o, 4 yo, and a lovely preteen 12 yo. I'm pretty much a single parent even though I'm married. I never get a break from them, EVER! I know just how nerve wracking that can be.

GL and drink one for me.

Texas_Rose Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:36am
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywordz

Ok. I got engorged after not feeding my 3week old for ? 2 feedings, maybe. It was such a horrible experience I said never again. (And yea! you, by the way. There's still a lot of pressure, if you don't you're selfish, if you do a lot of people still have hangups on where and how you can do it. IMHO good for you, any you can. But, I had a lot of guilt and felt like I must've done something wrong with the way I was doing it. Now, I really think that.

Don't feel bad. It just doesn't work for some of us. I tried with both of mine and it just wasn't happening. With my oldest, she was in NICU and I had to pump milk for her. My hubby actually went out and bought an electric torture device (oops I mean pump) for me. I would spend all day doing it and end up with a tiny little dribble of milk in each bottle. Then when he got home from work, he would take me and my 5 or 6 tiny bottles to the NICU, the nurses would combine the dribbles into one bottle and add formula, and that was one of my daughter's 12 feedings for the day. I felt so useless.

So when I had my second baby, I made an appointment with the lactation consultant to come see me and baby in the hospital to make sure we were doing it right. She said we were...but apparently nothing was coming out, because by the end of the second night Sophia was peeing orange crystals and screaming all night, and the nurses said that I couldn't take her home until she'd had some formula and a couple of normal pees. So I gave her the formula, and figured maybe once we were home I would start making milk, but I never did. Everyone describes the way it feels when the milk comes in but that never happened to me.

And what's ironic about the whole thing is that I have huge boobs...you would think they would be able to make milk, if any could icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

All I can really say is, we're lucky that we live in modern times, when formula is safe and available.

waywordz Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:22am
post #25 of 35

Thanks_Texas Rose. My "baby" is 33, maybe I shouldn't even be posting on this, you guys are probably all mommies of little ones but, it's weird how no amount of time passes when you are talking about your kids, even when they aren't your babies anymore. And the memory is right there, fresh as a daisy. You always have your kid stories, delivery nightmares, worst and best days. I guess it's what we are made of. Sharing and caring. It never stops, it just changes who we're "caretaking" at the moment.

VannaD Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #26 of 35

It doesnt matter the age, we all have stories and when we start talking about it, its like it happened yesterday. Oh and compared to me you guys sound like saints, i was in highschool when i had my first daughter i didnt even try to breastfeed, i knew id be back at work and school in 6wks so i didnt even bother, then when baby #2 came around i didnt breastfeed then either, formula worked so well the 1st time, i used it again. I dont buy into all the talk about if you dont breastfeed its abuse and blah blah blah, yeah its better for your baby but the formula we are offered now isnt that bad either. With the way other ppl are about breastfeeding in public, i just couldnt do it.

waywordz Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:58pm
post #27 of 35

I hear you Vanna1487. I just couldn't do it either. After the first one when the Dr. came in and said. "You aren't going to breastfeed?" like I was some kind of ???. I felt guilty, but, I just couldn't go through all that again. It just didn't work for me. They grew up healthy. My oldest 6'2", 240 odd pounds. My little one 5'9", 180 pounds maybe. I told him he would have been taller if he wasn't always climbing things and jumping off. I swear he had a hidden tail! My oldest was the calm one the youngest was my hyper. Everything was rocket fuel to him. But, neither could tolerate sugar. One plain cookie (vanilla wafer) and they would both be climbing the walls.

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:02pm
post #28 of 35

Goodness gracious!!!! I'm at work and loudly laughing out loud. I'm assuming most of you that stay home have made cakes with our children around. I know I have. Boy is it tough. My 3 yr old seems to never tire of poking the iced cake. And powdered sugar all over the place is her edible snow!! When I want her to stop thought I let her think the cornstarc from rolling my fondant is Powdered sugar. That sure gets her attention. Now all white powder is yummy.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:24pm
post #29 of 35

BellaSweet, you just reminded me of something my 11 yr old did a couple of weeks ago. I was working on the turrets for a castle and there was powdered sugar all over the place. On me, coating the table, and in the air. I turned around, and she was standing there with her tongue just hanging out. So I asked her what she was doing. She told me that "Now she doesn't have to go to the mountains to catch snow on her tongue, she can do it right here in our kitchen! LMAO!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:47pm
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1487

I dont buy into all the talk about if you dont breastfeed its abuse and blah blah blah, yeah its better for your baby but the formula we are offered now isnt that bad either. With the way other ppl are about breastfeeding in public, i just couldnt do it.

I've formula feed and I've nursed. So I do see both sides. BUT I think ppl in general are very unaware of the crap (yes, I said it) that's in formula. There are many unhealthy ingredients in formula. www.pregnancyweekly.com has a lot of good info. about that in their forums. Do some ppl have a choice? No they don't. I def. don't want to have a bottle/breast feeding debate.

When I started, I would've died before nursing in public. After the third child rolled around then the fourth, you learn to get over that fear. After all that's what boobs were made for. I respect everyone's decision to bottle/breast feed. Everyone has to make the decision as to whats right for their own situation. However it did bother me when ppl gave me a 'look' when I was nursing discreetly. For some reason, society looks down on nursing but praises breasts everywhere else. It's a pet peeve of mine for ppl to think breasts are for men to play with and not to feed our young. God put them their for that particular reason. Just my little 2 cent rant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%