Cake Photo Software

Decorating By gimmesuga Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm by tame

gimmesuga Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 10

does anyone know what software some people are using for their cake photos where the background is digital coloring or black? also, some people have logos and words on photos? thanks

9 replies
misha35 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 10

I always try to place my cakes on a black piece of fabric draped behind and under. I know there are much higher tech ways of doing.

cake-angel Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:27am
post #3 of 10

The words and logos are called watermarking. It is used to protect your photos from being posted on someone elses website and also so that if someone finds a picture of your cake somewhere they can identify who made it (advertising).
You can get some sample watermarking programs here.
http://cameras.about.com/od/printing/ss/watermark_2.htm

kimberlina25 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:27am
post #4 of 10

i am not sure about a program for a black background, but i use picnik, it is a free website for photo editing. I love it, so easy and quick to use!

diane Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:38am
post #5 of 10

you can also put watermarks using microsoft paint. icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:19am
post #6 of 10

It's easier to get a solid-colored background by taking a picture of the cake on one...lay the fabric out, set the cake on it, then have someone hold the fabric up or drape it on the chair back or pin it to the wall, depending on where your cake is, and then you can get a picture with a solid-color background with no crease.

Most photos of food look better if they've been cleaned up a little bit with photo editing software. I use Paint Shop Pro because it's easy and cheaper than photoshop (besides I'm a bad girl and didn't exactly pay for it icon_razz.gif )

Here's one that I edited, with the original beside it. I take pictures with my phone right now because I'm having camera issues, and my originals are usually terrible.
LL

msdmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:56am
post #7 of 10

A similar question was posted recently and someone suggested picnik.com I checked it out and you can change a color photo to black and whit and you can also add your company name ot some type of caption . Check it out....hth

msdmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:57am
post #8 of 10

btw picnik.com is free to join

MessiET Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 10

I use paint.net - it is free software from the internet.

tame Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 10

thanks for the information also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%