Need A Little Help For A Redneck Birthday

Decorating By jamalyn1 Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 12:07am by martmarg

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 18

I am having a redneck themed birthday this weekend and would love some help on ideas. Although i have been decorating since I was 15 it has all been very basic and I am just now starting to try to branch out. I have a couple ideas but don't truly know how to pull them off. Please help!!!! Thanks a million!

17 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 18

Plaid shirt with no sleeves, and a car on cement blocks!

Sorry, that's all that comes to mind right now!

Is it for a man, woman, boy or girl? and what age?

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:14am
post #3 of 18

anything having to do with John Deere, hunting, fishing, "Git R Done", think about all the "you might be a redneck" jokes maybe come up with something to go with that (could google Jeff Foxworthy and get a list of you might be a redneck things). it does kind of depend on if the recepient is male or female & the age - and the sense of humor. if they don't mind redneck jokes, you could go really funny.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 18

maybe line the outside with twinkies?

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 18

You could make a giant moon pie.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 18

OOOo moonpie and an RC cola!!! NOW THAT's just good southern livin' right there! LOL (i'm from chattanooga, tn originally! grew up on RC cola and moonpies!

jamalyn1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #7 of 18

LOL Thanks for the ideas. I already have RC cola and Moonpies for snacks hehe. I was debating on a car on blocks, but I've never done carving before...or a bucket of beer. I'm still thinking lol. I will probably add some of the redneck jokes somehow as well. Thanks!

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:52am
post #8 of 18

Would the birthday person enjoy the toilet paper roll cake?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:00pm
post #10 of 18

Thats hard! I like the ideas so far!! My favorite is the trailer house cake!! One question though whos it for? and what age are they?? cause that could change everything

Good Luck
I Want To See The Finished Cake

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:19pm
post #11 of 18

i was also going to suggest the trailer house. What about a rundown trailer with some junk on the yard. That's all I can think of. Reminds me of the show on CMT "Mobile home disaster" or something like that.

jamalyn1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #12 of 18

The cake is for me. 29 year old female. I'm trying right now to make the sugar beer bottles to bake a beer bottle cake, but if that doesn't work ( and it very well may not lol) I think I wanna try the mobile home or a car on blocks...but I've never done a carved cake and am scared lol

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #13 of 18

What about an outhouse? This could be accomplished 6" (or 4" if you have a pan that small) cakes stacked (and doweled every two layers).

I immediately thought of Melvira's plaid shirt too.

For some reason I keep thinking about the Jeff Foxworthy joke about saving and reusing aluminum foil.

You could use the car pan and then decorate that on blocks. but if you do a broken down car on the lawn you cant forget about the lazy dog on the porch. lol

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #14 of 18

The best cakes for carving are dense, like pound cake. The WASC cake is also great for carving!

jamalyn1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #15 of 18

What great ideas! lol I like the outhouse lol. Well my beer bottles didn't work icon_cry.gif so I will do some practicing on carving....hmmm a trailor with an outhouse and a broken down car...lol that would make for a funny cake

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm
post #16 of 18

why don't you make a cake that looks like a bowl of batter (you cold even put it in a glass baking bowl)

ice the top and have it drip all over the sides

make the cake board look like a "tin" counter

then you could make candles out of fondant and have them all over the cake in a mismatched form

OR you could make a wooden spoon and make a flame at the top ... (hahahahaha that is funny)

if you want to write something

write ....
You know your a redneck if.....

Your cake consists only of batter, icing, and a wooden spoon for a candle.

(if you want you could even make just one beer can and have it pour out the icing over the cake...)

I'm having to much fun with this one... LOL

jamalyn1 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm
post #17 of 18

Thanks for all the ideas! I finally came up with a cake I'm pretty proud of. Here is the link...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1237967.html

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 12:07am
post #18 of 18

it looks good. by the way happy belated birthday! i hope you had a great time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%