Spring Avocado Green W/ Coral & Gold Leaves

Decorating By momofjil Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm by mommy_of_3_DDs

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 8

This relative of a friend is very specific. She said this will be a fall wedding and she wants to stick to that theme for the shower. She would like a spring avocado green square cake, about 4 inches tall to emulate a gift with leaves on top emulating a bow in the color of coral and gold. I could also throw in some brown acorns if I want. Ideas? Pictures?

Thanks!

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 8

Did she give you a color sample? I have no idea what spring avacodo is.

momofjil Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 8

No, she does not have a sample. I looked up some wedding invites and have a pretty good idea of what she is looking for. Good thing is the tables will be decorated with white table clothes and clear plates. She said she might have golden yellow flowers on the tables....

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 8

http://tx4.us/mr/mr669.htm
Scroll down a bit and the 4th green one is called dull dark spring, avacado green...
good luck

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

tiggy, i imagine spring green or avacado to be sort of the green on your avatar cake. maybe with a hint of brown to it. not a celery or mint but in that zone i guess.

momofjil Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:53am
post #6 of 8

Mommy of 3 dds: What a great chart! Thanks! Does anyone else think this will be ugly. I am trying to wrap my mind around it but...I am afraid I will be making an ugly cake thumbsdown.gif

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 8

I think the coral and the green will be fine... it's the gold that scares me. I'll try to put together a color sample with all three colors when I get home from school.

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 8

another CCr created this thread asking for different advise, but she posted a pic that shows coral and green with white... That will give you an idea... I am still not sure about gold though...
Good Luck!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5984945.html#5984945

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%