New Toy !!

Decorating By grama_j Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 12:04pm by disneynutbsv

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 20

God bless my daughter..... she is always looking out for Mom, and finding things that help me out..... Look what she found THIS time ! I've tried it and it really works.... It scrapes the bowl as it goes around.... it leaves just a tiny little border at the top, but NOTHING like it was without it ! I've got a BIG batch of frosting for tomorrow, and can't wait to try it on that..... I don't know how to post pictures on here, so look at my photos..... She got it on AMAZON, and they are selling out as fast as they can get them in....
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1236101

19 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 20

ohh la la, tell me how it works out for you.

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 20

That looks cool. I will have to see if it will work on my mixer -- It is not actually a kitchen aid but it is very similar!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 20

I am sooo jealous! I live in the UK and can't order directly from amazon.com, only through amazon.co.uk which doesn't stock half the goodies you guys get to buy. I do have a cunning plan to get my best friend who lives in NY to order some goodies for me and I might include this if you let us know how it works out for you.........

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 20

Nice daughter!! I want one of these but it states its for the tilt head KA - hope they come out with one for my KA soon!!

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 20

I just got this! I got it directly from the company, but I haven't been able to use it yet icon_cry.gif
I haven't had any reason to make icing....the only thing I don't like so far is that its plastic.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 20

I've been waiting forever for the side swipe to come out with one for the 6 qt. I may just have to give this one a try. Thans for the info!

grama_j Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #8 of 20

Yes, it is plastic, but then most of our car parts are too, and they are gettiing us where we need to go... icon_lol.gif Seriously, it seems quite sturdy.....

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 20

I love mine. I use it even for mixing cookie dough. I didn't like stopping and scrapping all the time with the old beater. So far so good even if it is plastic. Guess we'll see how long they last.

buttercream_dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercream_dreams Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 20

yeah, i was told about something similar to that, and posted it on the wilton site and nobody was too excited..or didnt seem to be (0 replies) but its kinda the same idea, checkout the link- does anyone have on like this?
http://www.frutproducts.com/

grama_j Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 20

buttercream...... I don't know where I got the idea, but I thought this one was rather llike a replacement for the SideSwipe..... Maybe she just could't GET the Sideswipe, and came up with this one.... I'll have to ask her......

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:34pm
post #12 of 20

They have a website www.beaterblade.com they dont ship though but will help you track it down. I wonder if they have any vendors in Canada??

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:09am
post #13 of 20

Mine is the sideswipe, I thought they were the same until I looked closer at the picture and realized it doesn't have the little blades all over.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:23am
post #14 of 20

For those of you who have one of these could you post on how you like it and if it works well?

disneynutbsv Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:07pm
post #15 of 20

Ok, I just used my beaterblade and made my icing but the sugarshack way (filling it up to the top). I NEVER had to scrape the bowl, not once and it is so smooooooth!!! It came out great!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:14pm
post #16 of 20

I am interested in what you all are looking at, the link I clicked on said that topic does not exist .. I do have the sideswiper attachment for my KA, and it is nice, but it bobbles my KA head all around .. and it can be a pain to clean in between all the rubber sides ..

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #17 of 20

Me too! icon_confused.gif Tried to click on the link and it said the photo doesn't exist. Please clarify! I didn't even know there was anything like that out there! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

disneynutbsv Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:03am
post #18 of 20

Go here:
http://www.beaterblade.com/categories/home/welcome.htm

watch the side by side demo!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:43am
post #19 of 20

Brenda! That is awesome!!! icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing! How do you get one of these? I clicked on buy it and it just showed me a list of reps?

disneynutbsv Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:04pm
post #20 of 20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%