White Choc Dipped Strawberries

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm by elainec

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 10

I have an order for a cake and 80 colored dipped strawberries. Do I need to do anything different to white chocolate to use for a dip on these strawberries? If I do them the day before, will they be okay? Should I store them in the fridge or at room temp? Thanks!

9 replies
msmanning2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 10

I am getting nervous since this is my first time doing those. Can anyone help?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 10

You can color the chocolate but it doesn't have as strong as a color as candy melts. I prefer to do the strawberries the day of and put them directly on the cake so it sticks better. However, if you need to do them before hand make sure that they are put into the fridge and not left out at room temp. (They may ooze a little, but hopefully they will not)

msmanning2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks!!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #5 of 10

if you add 2 tbs spoons of veg shortening to your chocolate, it will make it smooth, i tried that on this past weekends cake, they turned out fantastic!

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:35am
post #6 of 10

I make quite a few covered strawberries. You can even make the bridal gown using cornelli lace on them. I have spoken w/large scale caterers,(restaurant caterers) and they have advised: always make the strawberries the day of the event and keep them in a cool dry place. Never in the fridge. They will ooze and can discolor the white chocolate.

msmanning2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:22pm
post #7 of 10

THANKS!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainec

I make quite a few covered strawberries. ...always make the strawberries the day of the event and keep them in a cool dry place. Never in the fridge. They will ooze and can discolor the white chocolate.

Ditto. Also, if you use Ghirardelli or Merckens White Chocolate it melts perfectly and dips wonderfully. No vegetable oil needed.

elainec Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 10

I agree. I use gheridelli squares. ( white and double chocolate)

elainec Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm
post #10 of 10

I agree. I use gheridelli squares. ( white and double chocolate)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%