Is This Person Serious?!

Decorating By twooten173 Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 2:44pm by 7yyrt

KKitten93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKitten93 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:36am
post #31 of 34

Just so all of you know, I already WAS a member of CC when this was posted! I just never go into the forums.

My prices are what they are because i am not decorating cakes to make money. My biggest payment comes from the smiles and gratitude that the recipients give me when they see that they were able to get an affordable cake that looks nice! You don't have to worry about competition from me because I dont do anymore than a couple cakes at a time, as I am not a full bakery, It is just me, and I work a full time job during the week. I charge basically cost with a small portion for my time, and do take tips if someone feels that they should pay me more.

Please don't bash me when you know nothing about why i do what i do. I wish someone would have just contacted me and ASKED. I like the fact that i can provide a nice looking cake for someone that may not be able to afford a cake from a "professional" decorator (by the way, I at one time WAS a professional decorator, just I preferred to only decorate occasionally because decorating 5 days a week was a bit much and I was starting to get tired of it). The look on a little childs face when they see a fantastic birthday cake that is made especially for them is all the payment I need. Especially if the parent couldn't afford to spend $30-$40 on a cake from the store.

Thank you.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 5:07am
post #32 of 34

sounds to me like a hobby baker...I never charge for my cakes.........I do it for fun.............I feel that if you are selling cakes you should be on a level playing field with those who are, and be licensed etc........I enjoy making cakes for children........so mostly thats what I do.......and not that often.........I dont think they are bashing you Kitten...they are just curious on the pricing....

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 6:08am
post #33 of 34

Hi Kkitten and welcome to CC...

Personally speaking I think what ever you charge is your business.

Looked at your pictures and you do great work...

It's nice to know that you can get a great looking cake without having to make a mortgage payment, I think this is a great option for those who would love a cake like they see on TV but can not afford one.

Hope you stick around would love to see more of your work.

Miss Lizzy

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 2:44pm
post #34 of 34

Frankly, you are competition. Don't try to kid yourself you aren't.

Many here are one-woman-shows as well, and rely on the legal sale of cakes to pay the bills.
Those cakes are made after work and on weekends -
just like yours are -
a few cakes a week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%