Wizard Of Oz?

Decorating By atschnet Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 7:04pm by gottabakenow

atschnet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atschnet Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 10

I've been asked to do a wizard of oz cake. I've looked around the internet for some ideas but really haven't seen anything i like. Does anyone have any ideas? Have you done one before?

9 replies
Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 10

I have one in my photos if you want to take a look, it's pretty much the emerald city and dorothy's shoes with the yellow brick road..HTH

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 10

sheet cake or tiered? let me know and i can probably think of some ideas. icon_smile.gif

atschnet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atschnet Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 10

either a sheet cake or a tiered cake, it doesn't matter. I really like the cakes with the slippers carved from cake but i have NO IDEA how to do that!!!!!! I have my first carved cake to do this week, but its pretty simple.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 10

I have one in my photos if you want to take a look. Pretty simple - round cake, fondant yellow brick road, chocolate transfer rainbow, buttercream poppies - although the mom did supply the figures...

At least maybe it'll give you an idea.

HTH

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 10

I did a Glinda cake with a yellow brick road on cupcakes, not the best but it's an idea you can build on!

Good Luck.

gottabakenow Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 10

ok lets see.

for tiered you could do a yellow brick road going up from the bottom to the second tier.
then for the top tier you could have it be emerald city. for a topper, if you want one, you could do either a throne or dorothys shoes. for borders around each tier, you could do fondant flowers and on the bottom tier, where the road starts, you could have the flowers continue up the sides of it. does that make any sense at all? i'm not too good at explaining things. icon_redface.gif
or you could do a border with the grass tip around each tier.

for a sheet cake you could adapt that idea.

HTH

gottabakenow Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 10

oh meant to say- im assuming it can be 3 tiered. lol of course you can adjust. icon_smile.gif

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 10

I thought this one came out really nice as a sheet cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1231825.html

gottabakenow Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:04pm
post #10 of 10

yeah that is a really cute cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%