Giant Cupcake?

Decorating By jubeken2005 Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 1:39pm by gottabakenow

jubeken2005 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:15am
post #1 of 5

Hi! I hope you can help me how to make a giant cupcake? pls help. I dont have any baking pan to use. Do i have any alternative way in doing this?
LL

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:34am
post #2 of 5

Well, from the looks of it, they did single layer cakes, each one an inch smaller than the next and stacking it for the icing swirl. The base could be two bundt cakes stacked and using the indents as a guide for the carving.

If not bundt cakes, just stack 4 layers of cake and make the indents carvings to look like the crimped edge of a cupcake liner. You could use a corer tool to slide down the side, etc......

HTH - they do have a huge pan by Wilton, I think it's $29.99 but they have a half-off coupon going right now. I have been tempeted to get it but money is tight and my storage space is even worse so I think I may try to do it myself. Good luck with it and have fun - really cute design you chose. icon_smile.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:36am
post #3 of 5

do you have a sports ball pan? you can carve out of 3-4 6in layers and half of a sports ball

jubeken2005 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:05am
post #4 of 5

I dont have a sports ball pan... icon_sad.gif

gottabakenow Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 5

or you could stack lots of rounds, then carve. put on a very thick layer of buttercream and cover with fondant. then take something- don't know what, maybe a thick dowel- and make indents in the buttercream. does that make sense?

depending on how many layers you do, you'll have to dowel the cake like its 2 tiers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%