Need Quick And Easy Idea, Please!

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 12:46pm by CocoaBlondie

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:23am
post #1 of 7

This sunday, is our churches first joint service. We have two churches that our pastor does services at.

This sunday they are both coming together to have one service, it is a special thing we are doing and then after this sunday will go back to different services.

After the "special" service we are having a breakfast and social. Each of us are to bring something ... I would like to bring a cake, but I don't know what to do to eat or what flavor ... or anything... I guess I would like it sort of "regular" flavors so that who ever wants can have without worrying about two many different things and what people might be allergic too. However, i would also like to showcase my talent, because not many people know that I like to decorate cakes.

Any help is very appriciated

This is set for Sunday, June 29 2008...

Also I am doing a big cake for July 4th, so I need the cake for the 29th to be fairly simple.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Nikki

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:56am
post #2 of 7

What about cupcakes with a swirl of buttercream (use a big star tip) and a fondant flower on top of each? The flowers don't have to be really complex, like roses...just a five petal flower with a different colored center, dried on a former so they're curved. Cupcakes are easy to serve too.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:15am
post #3 of 7

I like cupcakes too----so many ways to do them. You can make different kinds in a similar theme- they showcase soooo much. Flowers, vines, fondant, stencils- whatever!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:16am
post #4 of 7

You could a really pretty Cakery style sheetcake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Cakery.html

Or you could a simple tiered with stripes, dots, or scrolls.

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:23pm
post #5 of 7

Maybe you could do a sheet cake, like maybe a half-sheet -- I don't know how many you need to serve -- and decorate it so that it looks like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle (just pipe the lines in buttercream). One half could be decorated with something that symbolizes your church and the other half with symbols from the other church. Maybe the "logo" that's on your church sign or the color of the building, a special steeple, etc. Good luck!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieHazCakes

Maybe you could do a sheet cake, like maybe a half-sheet -- I don't know how many you need to serve -- and decorate it so that it looks like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle (just pipe the lines in buttercream). One half could be decorated with something that symbolizes your church and the other half with symbols from the other church. Maybe the "logo" that's on your church sign or the color of the building, a special steeple, etc. Good luck!

I like that idea!
You can also make it 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate, those two flaovrs tend to please everyone.
And maybe do it as a fbct, thats what I do when I need a fast and easy cake.
Good luck!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 7

What are your most popular cake recipes? If you want to showcase your talent bring your best taste. There no graeter joy when someone tells you how great the great was then to say " Thanks it one of my most popular recipes"... hint hint I make cakes for a living. I definatley agree with cupcakes. Maybe you should have at least a small decorated cake with it to show your skills icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%