Need Ideas For 7 Year Old Boy - Trucks

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 6:47pm by CulinaryActor

angelcakes5 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 8

I was asked to make a cake for a boy who is turning 7. She said he likes trucks. Any ideas?? I was thinking maybe like a full size stand up truck?? Does anyone have a picture that I could get some inspiration?

Thanks

7 replies
summernoelle Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:01am
post #2 of 8

Here is a cute one from Flickr
LL

HBcakes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 8

I love the one summernoelle posted! I have different chocolate molds and stencils for trucks; that's what I'd use if I got an order for something like that. But for something more elaborate you could definitely do the 3D truck. In the 3D cakes/automobiles gallery here on CC you can get some fabulous pics of stand-up trucks, etc. Good luck!

KathysCC Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:13am
post #4 of 8

I made a 3-D semi truck out of the long loaf pan.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1064073

Try doing a search in the galleries for truck. There's no better place than here to find ideas.

texasbelle Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 8

Something different I was just asked to do .... the customer brought me a large plastic dump truck they had purchased from Target. I baked the cake, frosted it, and placed it in the "back" of the truck. I then covered the cake with "dirt" also known as crushed oreos. I also placed some edible rocks in the dirt as well. Then I placed the truck on a very large board I had covered with chocolate fondant and more dirt. I used royal icing to glue down the wheels so the truck would not roll. Then I added butttercream grass on the board as well. It was a very cute cake for a boy. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and forgot to take pictures. I do have one I can get scanned later if you would like to see it!

marion123 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 8

this is what I did with a Thomas The Train cake and the child was able to keep the train...
LL

marion123 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 8

this is what I did with a Thomas The Train cake and the child was able to keep the train...
LL

CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 8

You could use the Wilton pan that is in the shape of a truck and just decorate that unless you want it to be tall and 3-D
Here is a link to the Wilton Truck Pan:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3196D0-475A-BAC0-5CAE0D92F8EE6363

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%