What Filling For Cherry Nut Cake?????

Decorating By kdaze Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 12:16pm by kdaze

kdaze Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 5

Any ideas for filling for cherry nut cake? I thought about cream cheese but would like something a little more scrumptous!!!

4 replies
imagine76 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 5

maybe something almond-y? or baviarian cream? white chocolate mousse? ganache? hhmmmmm.... cream cheese sounds good too. let us know what you decide!

SISA Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 5

I think the cream cheese sounds good too. But, more importantly for me would you be willing to share your recipe for the cherry nut cake? I am still looking for a good recipe for that flavor or cake.

Bunniefluf Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 5

HA HA! What a coincidence! I'm making a cherry nut cake today too!!! icon_biggrin.gif However, I'm making mine as a bundt cake, so no filling necessary for me!

As for your filling, cream cheese is good, but I think only if you plan to tone it down a bit. I made the cherry nut cake as cupcakes once and used cream cheese, white chocolate pudding, and heavy whipping cream to make a "lite" topping (tasting; not lite = healthy). You could try something like that and add some chopped maraschinos and/or nuts.
Or you could go a little more simple and use a flavored whipped cream with chopped nuts (I use walnuts in my recipe, but if you use pecans for example, think butter pecan type mixture, but not too overpowering.)

I'd use the cream cheese, pudding, and whipping cream with the chopped cherries and nuts! I think it'll be good without being too overpowering for the cake. Cherry nut cake is so good just by itself, it'd be ashame to detract from that.

Good luck! Hope this helps! icon_rolleyes.gif

kdaze Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks I'm thinking of mixing some maraschino cherries with my cream cheese frosting. Its for a bridal tasting so we will see how it goes. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%