I Need Dragee Help

Baking By millicente Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 8:40am by jeric

millicente Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Family.....
I Have an order for 50 custom wedding dresses..I need help keeping the dragees to stay on meanwhile still have my cookie remain very neat looking or not being able to see the glue or icing used to keep them on.

6 replies
pinklesley1 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 7

the only thing that i can think of is RI

BakingGirl Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 7

You can use Royal Icing in the same color as the background color as "glue". That will make the "glue" disappear into the background and the dragees should stay on firmly with RI.

CakeWhizz Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 7

Hi there Millicente. I also use dragees in my decorations and this is what I do. If using royal icing to flood my cookies, I just place the dragees on before it begins to set. if using fondant, I use a tiny amount of medium stiffness RI to attach the dragees. I hope this helps.

KoryAK Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 7

If I need a really really clean dragee placement... Put a little royal in a small bowl, drop some dragees into it, then pull them out and apply with tweezers. Then icing is only on the dragee, not puffed out around it.

Honeydukes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:50am
post #6 of 7

You can use piping gel. Put it in a bag with a small tip -- works like a charm and you'll never see it. icon_biggrin.gif

jeric Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:40am
post #7 of 7

Use tylose powder mixed with water. It makes a gum glue that is clear and fantastic. you need to mix it up a day or so ahead of time so the tylose has time to dissolve. Works wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%