Cookie Throwdown Round 3 Kneadacookie Vs. Yankeegal

Baking By kneadacookie Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 4:00am by kneadacookie

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 14

hard to believe another throwdown has come to an end. bakinccc was a great contender. it was a very close race. thanks to everyone who voted.

for the next throwdown, i have challenged yankeegal to a new cookie bouquet throwdown. we still need to come up with a theme. hopefully we can come up with something by tomorrow at least. we'll turn in our photos on July 16th. bakinccc will post the photos(if that's ok with her). i have attached the rules to follow along.

Cookie Bouquet Throwdown Rules
1. Any member may challenge another CC member to a TD. The TD will begin and end on the specified dates, so all pictures of completed cookie bouquets can be uploaded for judging at the same time. This will make it easier for all CC members to judge each TD photo, and all winners can be announced at the same time.

2. Throw Downs begin on the 1st day of every month. They will end inexactly 3 weeks from the start date, at which time your pictures need to be sent to the poster. Pictures need to be sent to the poster by 3:00 pm CST.

3. You may submit up to 3 photos for judging.

4. You may choose your decorating medium, be it marshmallow fondant, rolled buttercream, royal, glace... Everything must be edible.

5. The loser will be the poster of the new throwdown.

6. A throwdown should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are the throwdown winner, try to choose a member with "equal or greater than" skills as yourself.

7. The throwdown challengers will determine the theme of the bouquet.

8. The winner of the throwdown continues to compete until they lose. Once a contestant has lost, they must wait 12 months before participating again.

9. Only 2 members may compete in any particular throwdown, however, there can be more than one throwdown going on at a time.

10. Bouquets must have between 7 and 11 cookies. All cookies must be arranged in a bouquet, and not just thrown in a basket.

11. Judging may include not only the cookies, but the packaging as well. So, keep this in mind when choosing a container. icon_evil.gif

13 replies
kneadacookie Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:07am
post #2 of 14

so far it looks like we're leaning towards maybe a 70's themed bouquet. this could be fun

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 14

This sounds like a lot of fun.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 14

We decided on the 70's theme-I am so excited!!! The decade that brought us some of the best/worst in fashion!
I

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 14

It's going to come sooner than you think! I'll have to research how to post and do the voting thing but come July 16th I'll be ready hopefully. Remember to take close-ups of any details...you should both submit 3 pics if you can. Good luck to both of you!!!

kneadacookie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #6 of 14

jennifer, i can't find your email address to send in the photos. nothing like waiting til the last minute(AGAIN)

kneadacookie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 14

bakinccc is having trouble with her computer and can't seem to post the photos of our cookie bouquets. is anyone interested in helping out by posting our pics??

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 14

i will! I'll pm you my email address if you want.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 14

I have a dumb question icon_redface.gif How do I vote??? Everytime I go to the throwdown threads to vote I don't actually see a place to do it, what am I missing icon_redface.gif

gottabakenow Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:07pm
post #10 of 14

the place to vote is always above the first post. look again. icon_wink.gif

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:41am
post #11 of 14

gottabakenow...THANK YOU so much for agreeing to post since my *&^%$ computer wouldn't let me!!

And, SueW, just an FYI...I noticed on the last throwdown that you couldn't see the polls to vote unless you're logged in. I was on someone elses computer once and noticed that I could see the thread but not the polls until I logged in.

GOOD LUCK kneadacookie and yankeegal!!!!!

gottabakenow Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

gottabakenow...THANK YOU so much for agreeing to post since my *&^%$ computer wouldn't let me!!

you're welcome! no problem, glad i can help.

lizzyanne1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzyanne1 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:24am
post #13 of 14

Where are the pics posted? I would love to see and vote.

kneadacookie Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:00am
post #14 of 14

we're still working on it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%